Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 94 Posts

·
Registered
5,903 Posts
Perhaps the One World Order is in charge now and China was just the tool. Me thinks the Government is enjoying this "Power Trip" way too much.

·
Registered
7,848 Posts
Perhaps the One World Order is in charge now and China was just the tool. Me thinks the Government is enjoying this "Power Trip" way too much.
I, like many other people, am in the camp that thinks there are a lot of things going on that have absolutely nothing to do with COVID, but it’s just the excuse they are using.

·
Registered
8,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I, like many other people, am in the camp that thinks there are a lot of things going on that have absolutely nothing to do with COVID, but it’s just the excuse they are using.
I don't disagree, but my big question is, an excuse for what? I don't see what these politicians are getting out of it other than to show they are doing something. One thing that is obvious is that politicians are showing us clearly their true colors on the Constitution. It is obvious some value it and some don't. I think all the PR backpedaling is interesting. The worse the abuses, the more contrived explanations they seem to have for how this does not violate people's rights.

In this Rhode Island situation, they actually have NY Gov. Cuomo complaining RI has gone over the top and threatening to sue. If you have violated rights to the extent that Cuomo thinks you've gone too far, you are really out on the fringe.

·
Registered
7,848 Posts
I don't disagree, but my big question is, an excuse for what? I don't see what these politicians are getting out of it other than to show they are doing something. One thing that is obvious is that politicians are showing us clearly their true colors on the Constitution. It is obvious some value it and some don't. I think all the PR backpedaling is interesting. The worse the abuses, the more contrived explanations they seem to have for how this does not violate people's rights.

In this Rhode Island situation, they actually have NY Gov. Cuomo complaining RI has gone over the top and threatening to sue. If you have violated rights to the extent that Cuomo thinks you've gone too far, you are really out on the fringe.
Practice to see what the subjects will tolerate. This virus is not bringing anywhere close to the doom we were told it was, but they keep trying to keep people in fear, despite the constant flood of evidence showing the opposite of what they are saying. Many precedents have been set now, and not a single one of them are good. I’ve heard several people argue against me and tell me how this isn’t a time to talk about rights, we need to take care of the virus and then we can have them back. That scares me much more than the virus. The term “virus” will be added just below the word “terrorism” to the list of buzzwords where people will give up their rights as fast as possible for some perception of safety.

As far as Cuomo, are we sure there isn’t an altering motive for him being against it?

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
There is so much wrong with the escalation of things in Rhode Island, I don't even know where to begin. That's bad, very bad. I can think of at least two of the original constitutional protections being violated.

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
I don't disagree, but my big question is, an excuse for what? I don't see what these politicians are getting out of it other than to show they are doing something. One thing that is obvious is that politicians are showing us clearly their true colors on the Constitution.
This is their opportunity for a trial run. How scary does the threat have to be, to make people not only give up their rights, but to even get them to inform on their neighbors and clear store shelves of goods?

Apparently not very scary at all. I have long feared that there is not much hope for our urbanized, convenience-addicted culture. Now I know for sure there is none.

It will take only a very small push, in a relatively easily-contrived "emergency", to turn our major cities into Venezuela. That is the reality of where we're at. Take note, folks.

I am going to accept my "stimulus" money, and ALL of it is going towards my fledgling career as a "prepper"...

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
The community I live in was originally founded as an anarchist colony, back in the late 1800's. An undercurrent of anti-government sentiment has survived here among some, even until modern times.

With this current situation though, the number of folks in this community who have "the authorities" on speed dial, and are constantly on the lookout for people they can report for "violations" of whatever draconian measure is currently in place, combined with the public shaming, insulting, and coercive threatening of anyone who even questions what the government is doing here, has made it clear that this ethos is truly dead.

This is a rural community, so if things break down someday (I don't think this COVID thing will be "it"), it will take some time for things to get bad here, but it is now clear to me that when I am able, I need to get further away from heavily populated areas than I currently am. A LOT further away.

That is the thing that really has me scared in all of this... Watching the neighbors I thought I knew become people I cannot trust... ever...

Mike, I think that Aprill quote in your signature line has suddenly become very real to me.

·
Registered
3,259 Posts
I have a few questions.

I am assuming these jackbooted [enter your preferred label] may want to enter your home if you live in Rhode Island. So what happens if you inform them they cannot enter without a search warrant?

What may happen if you answer your door with long gun in hand and a handgun on your side? How might they like that?

What might happen if you just don't answer the door?

What might happen if you tell them you will not answer any questions without your attorney present?

·
Registered
5,971 Posts
Oh, I can see this happening in CA! We already stop cars for "Fruit Inspections". The other states just haven't used them yet to keep Californians in!
CA also stops and tickets cars with out of state plates! If you are working , or living in ca you must have CA plates and a CA license! There are some exceptions, But you are going to get stopped! Collage towns, around Military bases, and border areas, this is very common! DR

·
Registered
801 Posts
Oh, I can see this happening in CA! We already stop cars for "Fruit Inspections". The other states just haven't used them yet to keep Californians in!
CA also stops and tickets cars with out of state plates! If you are working , or living in ca you must have CA plates and a CA license! There are some exceptions, But you are going to get stopped! Collage towns, around Military bases, and border areas, this is very common! DR
It is just too easy to make a joke about California authorities stopping traffic for "fruit inspections". Seriously, who would be looking for the fruits? The nuts? The flakes?

1 - 20 of 94 Posts