Defensive Carry banner

21 - 40 of 94 Posts

·
Registered
8,419 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
I cannot give much credibility to some ditzy Youtuber. Like Maas says, "Don't answer the door."
You obviously are not familiar with her. She has a unique style, but she has been a credible source of libertarian and pro-gun content for six years. FWIW, she is a licensed psychological counselor as a day job.

Also, what she was reporting is easily verified as true through major news sources. I thought her video told the story better than other stuff I found.

·
Registered
4,170 Posts
You obviously are not familiar with her. She has a unique style, but she has been a credible source of libertarian and pro-gun content for six years. FWIW, she is a licensed psychological counselor as a day job.

Also, what she was reporting is easily verified as true through major news sources. I thought her video told the story better than other stuff I found.
All True!

·
Premium Member
4,505 Posts
This will not end well.

·
Registered
617 Posts
Like New Orleans after the Katrina gun bans and grabs which were unconstitutional, Rhode Island is enforcing distinctly unconstitutional "suggestions with jail time attached."

I am certain these will be overturned in the future by the courts, but here is my problem. What is gonna happen when the police or National Guard, who are "just following orders (cough cough, Nuremberg trails, cough cough) get into a shoot out with someone and kill them or get killed themselves?

I'm sorry. I am in the vulnerable category, and I STILL demand that the Constitution and Bill of Rights not be infringed. Essential Liberty is NOT on the table for temporary safety, but you will note the same mentality that drives your local home association type snitches still drives those in government power also. We are ALWAYS one disaster away from tyranny, and this needs to stop NOW! :yup:

·
Registered
7,947 Posts
I'm just waiting for all these states to realize what a hit their state taxes are taking from all the disruption of commerce. It will be devastating for many of them, some going into bankruptcy.
Yep, you and I live in one of the few states with no state income tax, so even if people are not working the taxes are still due. When I have considered whether having higher property tax and no income tax is better, this is definitely a scenario I had never thought of. In most states though, and at the federal level, on top of the 2 trillion dollars we just spent, there is less money coming in. How will this affect EBT, Medicare, Medicaid, social security, and VA funding, etc that people rely on for their health? But hey, we are saying lives here!:rolleyes:

Like New Orleans after the Katrina gun bans and grabs which were unconstitutional, Rhode Island is enforcing distinctly unconstitutional "suggestions with jail time attached."

I am certain these will be overturned in the future by the courts, but here is my problem. What is gonna happen when the police or National Guard, who are "just following orders (cough cough, Nuremberg trails, cough cough) get into a shoot out with someone and kill them or get killed themselves?

I'm sorry. I am in the vulnerable category, and I STILL demand that the Constitution and Bill of Rights not be infringed. Essential Liberty is NOT on the table for temporary safety, but you will note the same mentality that drives your local home association type snitches still drives those in government power also. We are ALWAYS one disaster away from tyranny, and this needs to stop NOW! :yup:
In the time I have been on this forum, there have been many discussions about the events in Katrina, the events in Watertown/Boston area after the Boston marathon bombing, etc. some people somehow think these things will never happen again, others are quick to justify them. Any time there is something that government deems a crisis, we no longer have rights. Once that precedent is set, it never gets better. I just wonder what some people think rights are for.

·
Registered
5,971 Posts
If the Rhode Island National Guard is anything like Naval Security Forces they will have no ammunition for their guns:rolleyes: I'll bet they will have clipboards and pens just like Naval Security Forces!:hand1:

·
Registered
3,312 Posts

I like Liberty Doll and think she does a valuable job of playing watchdog and reporting her findings. Her delivery is interesting and nicely peppered with movie clips and such, though not a necessity for her message. And what the heck. She's also eye candy.

·
Registered
2,197 Posts
Let's work this through. Mr. and Mrs. Zebra with their two children came into the state Wednesday and they are infected. Gestapo comes along and arrests them, exposing a minimum of eight Gestapo members to the virus. They are all put in three jail populations, exposing those whole populations of prisoners and workers to the virus. What a genius way to stop the spread of this foul-tasting beer virus! Exactly the intelligence, or lack thereof, of the typical liberal.

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
Let's work this through. Mr. and Mrs. Zebra with their two children came into the state Wednesday and they are infected. Gestapo comes along and arrests them, exposing a minimum of eight Gestapo members to the virus. They are all put in three jail populations, exposing those whole populations of prisoners and workers to the virus. What a genius way to stop the spread of this foul-tasting beer virus! Exactly the intelligence, or lack thereof, of the typical liberal.
They'll just let all the other inmates go. Only people allowed in jail will be quarantine breakers.

·
Premium Member
3,823 Posts
InTexas we have the State Troopers on all border checkpoints with Louisiana.
Stopping all vehicles taking names and ID. Informing them that in Texas they will need to self quarantine for two weeks and finding out where they are staying.
Not sure if they are checking in on them, do they have the manpower.
Yes it is comical how many liberals are coming to the conclusion that border security matters

·
Registered
10,251 Posts
COVID-19 had already killed far more New Yorkers than 9/11 did. It's an emergency situation, and government takes strong actions during emergency situations that it normally wouldn't.

I'm not going to get bent out of shape over checkpoints during an emergency. It has no bearing on what happens afterwards, it's not a precedent, it's not new powers for government. The power being exercised now has existed in every state from the beginning of history. The key is that it must go dormant again after the emergency passes, and so far I've seen nothing to make me worry about that.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I'm not going to get bent out of shape over checkpoints during an emergency. It has no bearing on what happens afterwards, it's not a precedent, it's not new powers for government. The power being exercised now has existed in every state from the beginning of history. The key is that it must go dormant again after the emergency passes, and so far I've seen nothing to make me worry about that.
Just like airport security checkpoints.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
33,872 Posts
Just like airport security checkpoints.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
One schizophrenic, one time tried to make his shoes blow up while on an aircraft and the rest of have us been passing through body scanners in our stocking feet ever since.

·
Registered
856 Posts
InTexas we have the State Troopers on all border checkpoints with Louisiana.
Stopping all vehicles taking names and ID. Informing them that in Texas they will need to self quarantine for two weeks and finding out where they are staying.
Not sure if they are checking in on them, do they have the manpower.
Yes it is comical how many liberals are coming to the conclusion that border security matters
How long before the criminal element figures out that LEO's aren't in their usual neighborhoods? Seems like a recipe for disaster.

I'm on the edge of the at risk group, so the wife and I would've tried to stay put regardless. But the reactions by "all" of the powers to be makes me more uneasy than the virus.

I think Trump had it right on his first response, then the TDS/MSM went BSC and he was forced to take this path or risk all he has attained so far.

Remember Bill Mahr and other Never Trumpers were rooting for a recession just a few months ago to be rid of Trump. Can we really trust their reactions to anything at this point?

·
Registered
874 Posts
I'm having a frain bart...wasn't there a bad thing that happened in Berlin during the '30s that precipitated a Nazi power grab? Some building caught on fire or got blown up? I'll be darned if I can bring that to mind. Without remembering the details of that event, manufactured or not, doesn't it seem as though those who lust for power use negative events to seize it?

·
Registered
3,007 Posts
Having grown up in RI, in a small coastal town, with a large number of the summer residents, I can understand a little bit how the Rhodies are thinking. While in College I was in the RIARNG and also a reserve officer for the Westerly PD, working full time during the summers. Most of the out of staters properties are in the beach towns.

1. NY is a hotspot for the virus
2. Most of these small towns are not equipped to handle this level of emergency.

My town for instance (Westerly, RI) had a winter population of under 20K, which doubles in the summer. Our local hospital has something like 125 beds (friend of mine back home is a nurse there).

I suspect that just like other vacation hotspots here's a little bit of class warfare going on. My home town for instance was like a miniature Newport RI, lots of "old" money, complete with summer houses that are mansions by normal standards with maids, staffs, large yachts, etc. There's already the normal amount of animosity for the summer folks, due to increased traffic, summer prices etc.

Add to it coming early and possibly bringing the virus with them.....There's similar reactions being observed in other locales that are host to large numbers of seasonal residents.

·
Registered
7,947 Posts
COVID-19 had already killed far more New Yorkers than 9/11 did. It's an emergency situation, and government takes strong actions during emergency situations that it normally wouldn't.

9/11 was a day where people went to work like normal and thousands of people were murdered because of our freedoms. We have since chipped away at those freedoms. The terrorists won. This is not the same as a virus and the comparisons are absolutely ridiculous. However, if people are so dead set on making them to compare body counts, We lose more people every year to the flu than we have on 9/11, at Pearl Harbor, in Iraq, and Afghanistan put together.

21 - 40 of 94 Posts