Defensive Carry banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,850 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Received the following email from NRA-ILA this morning. They are urging folks to contact their reps to support this Reciprocity Bill:

NATIONAL RIGHT-TO-CARRY RECIPROCITY BILL INTRODUCED

U.S. Representative Cliff Stearns (R-Fla.) recently introduced H.R. 4547-a national Right-to-Carry (RTC) reciprocity bill that would provide national reciprocity for state carry licensees. The bill would allow any person with a valid carry permit or license issued by a state to carry a concealed firearm in any other state if they meet certain criteria. The bill would not create a federal licensing system; it would simply require the states to recognize each other's carry permits, just as they recognize drivers' licenses.

For more information on the bill, please visit www.nraila.org/Issues/FactSheets/Read.aspx?ID=189.

Please be sure to contact your U.S. Representative at (202) 225-3121, and urge him or her to cosponsor and support H.R. 4547!

·
Registered
5,142 Posts
This has been posted twice already

·
Registered
3,850 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sorry about that - The email I received made it seem like something new.

·
Premium Member
6,380 Posts
I'm opposed to a federal law for something states should be agreeing to reciprocate on at their level. Anything the federal government gives it can take away as the political seasons shift. Reciprocity would have to be dismantled piece by piece to avoid a serious constitutional battle. Either way, it would give the GG's time to act.

·
Registered
591 Posts
The National Right-to-carry law needs your support.
Right your congressperson and senator asking the congress person to support HR 822 and the senator to support it when it reaches the senate.

Check out the NRA info on this and pay special attention to the myth/fact section

NRA-ILA :: National Right-to-Carry Bill Under Attack

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
I would love to see that pass, however I have complete confidence that the Feds will screw it up beyond repair. Obama and crew will pass a law that will only allow someone to carry a weapon between 3:00am and 3:01am every 4th Wednesday only during a full moon.

·
Registered
3,472 Posts
You do realize this thread is from 2006 and there are half a dozen others that are current and running? Why dilute the conversation?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts