Defensive Carry banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hope you don't mind. After reading quit a few threads the past few days I was surfing the net and found this. This may have be posted before and if the case sorry for the duplicate. Thought maybe some of the NC members might find it interesting.

Quiz - North Carolina Gun Laws

·
Premium Member
24,512 Posts
Not from NC or ever lived there and still scored 7 out of 10. I wasn't aware NC requires background checks on private gun sales.

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Um, WHAT is this about wait time for gun sales? Even before I had a CCHP, I was able to buy two new firearms from two FFL stores w. no wait time at all.

Huh???

·
Banned
5,252 Posts
8/10 and I've never studied NC gun laws.

I was in that state for about one hour earlier this year. I was armed and my prisoners were not. Flew into an airport and turned them over to the receiving officers. Then we jumped back on the Lear and flew to OK.

Too humid for my taste, but the greenery was nice.

Biker

·
Registered
3,472 Posts
There is no waiting period for gun sales in NC.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah Bullseye, the quiz is a bit out of date my friend. I forgot to clarify that before I posted orignal posting.

·
Super Moderator
18,522 Posts
I wasn't aware NC requires background checks on private gun sales.
That is true and if it is a handgun you have to obtain a purchase permit or a copy of the buyers CCW, but there is no mention of how long it must be retained.

·
Registered
1,384 Posts

·
Registered
2,163 Posts
The dude who wrote this quiz needs to move back up North because he sure doesn't understand our gun laws!!

NCH

·
Registered
3,426 Posts
8/10. First one got me and the locking devices one. First one was wrong so that technically makes 9/10. lol

·
Registered
399 Posts
I've learned that you shouldn't trust info you find on about.com - there is no review of what's being published, and the people who write these articles never seem to bother correcting themselves when called on it.

IMO, this "quiz" is a disservice, since the information in it is inaccurate.

·
Registered
195 Posts
9 out of 10. Got the first question wrong and then spent 5 minutes pulling up the NC code to prove the test question answer is incorrect. I didn't read this thread first as I didn't want any comments to influence my answers. Sounds like I'm not the only one bitten by the first question.

·
Registered
379 Posts
Yeah, there's no waiting period.

·
Registered
285 Posts
9 out of 10. Got the first question wrong and then spent 5 minutes pulling up the NC code to prove the test question answer is incorrect.

you got more than that wrong. in order to get the answers right you have to get atleast 4 wrong. by saying your scored 9 of 10 you are saying you missed a min. of 3.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts