1 - 20 of 98 Posts

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
10,071 Posts
I was born and raised in North Cackalacki, and still visit family there a bit. I hope it passes. Florida is very pro-gun...I'd like to see NC moving in the right direction. I hate having to disarm when we go out to eat up there.

·
Registered
695 Posts
I was born there and my GF has talked about moving there someday. I told her I wouldn't do it until N.C. eased up on the gun restrictions.

TN is a far better choice.

·
Super Moderator
17,112 Posts
This has been tried for the last several years, hopefully this time it passes.

Reactions: ItalianSteel

·
Registered
14 Posts
I really hope this passes. I do not understand the restraunt thing. It's already established that your BAC has to be 0.0 while carrying in NC, so (hopefully) responsible citizens with CHP's will not be drinking anyway.

·
Registered
938 Posts
I'm headed to NC in a few days for some performances in the Charlotte area. I was going to carry since NC honors my permit, but after reading their laws, it just seems like it will be more of a hassle than I'd feel like dealing with.

·
Registered
3,426 Posts
I guess it depends on how you do things. For me, the school property issue is my big one. Two young kids, so me and my wife are on and off property regularly. I just avoid restaurants that serve for the most part. Not that we eat out much. But I would love to see these pass. I need to send some emails. I've been slacking this year.

·
Registered
554 Posts
Yes! This would be nice if it passes. It seems that the legislation here has gotten more gun-friendly lately...we'll see if its friendly enough to open up our CCW rights some. At least to the point that I can carry and eat.

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
I am seriously hoping this passes. With the line up of our state govt I will be surprised if it doesn't, but there is always that nagging doubt. The school thing is the big issue for me. I think that the bill initially was written to allow campus carry if you have a permit and it got watered down. Since I work at a school and my wife is going to school, this is a very big deal for both of us. The restaurant and "places that charge admission" such as movie theaters thing is almost as bad.

·
Registered
350 Posts
I am really excited about this. I know a lot of people have been trying to avoid places that serve in order to stay armed but it's not right nor easy.

More and more 'casual' places are serving alcohol now. For example, Chipotle serves beer but it's almost a fast food type of place (in feel, not quality, it's delicious and healthy).

All family restaurants like your Ruby Tuesday's, TGIFs, Red Lobsters, and Japanese hibachi places all serve alcohol. It's really difficult to eat anywhere decent that doesn't serve.

·
Registered
37,164 Posts
OP, I've got a daughter and sister in Charlotte, and a sister in Raleigh as well. Last time I was in Raleigh, there was a LEO/BG shoot out 15 minutes after I left a nice restaurant there. I, for one, would certainly appreciate the restaurant rule being relaxed.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Another step closer. I didn't know they were looking to get rid of the restriction about places that charge admission also.

"The new legislation in North Carolina, approved on a voice vote along party lines and now heading to the House floor, would also let the permit holders arm themselves in a restaurant where alcohol is served or at a gathering where admission is charged unless the establishment expressly prohibits concealed weapons."

Concealed weapon expansion OK'd by NC House panel :: WRAL.com

Reactions: ItalianSteel
1 - 20 of 98 Posts