Defensive Carry banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Administrator
143,840 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Click Here To Go Back 5,300 Years
Click The Above link To see more Photos.

Brief Story Of Otzi:
Otzi, the Iceman, was found near Hauslabjoch in the Ötzal Alps on September 19, 1991. He is the oldest human mummy ever found preserved by freezing. Scientists say the 5,300-year-old corpse was murdered in a bloody Stone Age fight. Extremely well preserved, the Iceman's possessions have given scientists a better look at what life was during the Neolithic Age in Europe. Among these possessions, was a knife with woven sheath.
Rik Palm has created this modern version of Otzi's knife, re-creating this stone-age knife in steel. The 1084 carbon steel blade has a false top edge. The entire blade has been textured to resemble flint knapped stone. The handle is formed from distressed ash and is completed with a leather thong. The sheath is finger-woven cord -- all very true to the original.
Exceptional work throughout.

·
Administrator
143,840 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Reconstruction Of Otzi

Exactly What He Looked Like Alive.

·
Premium Member
25,483 Posts
I thought that was the ''now'' look Bud <ducks for cover> :18:

QK - that is a very nice piece of work and no doubt that simple knife design would find many and varied uses. The knife (or a cutting implement) is perhaps man's most necessary tool ever - both for survival and pure utilitarian useage.

·
Super Moderator
25,563 Posts
Rik Palm has created this modern version of Otzi's knife, re-creating this stone-age knife in steel.
Would have been really cool if they'd have done it in flint! :yup:

·
Registered
17,352 Posts
P95Carry said:
I thought that was the ''now'' look Bud <ducks for cover> :18:

QK - that is a very nice piece of work and no doubt that simple knife design would find many and varied uses. The knife (or a cutting implement) is perhaps man's most necessary tool ever - both for survival and pure utilitarian useage.

Keep it up smart Guy at least i dont See Soaks and Sandles in that pic
:banana:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts