Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
752 Posts
I can't seem to pull it up, keeps saying file is damaged and could not be repaired.
Who else made NE's cut?

·
Registered
195 Posts
By my count they now accept 35 states (plus DC). Previous count on Handgunlaw.us is ZERO.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Looks like I'll have to postpone that trip to Omaha!:rofl:

·
Super Moderator
50,603 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Florida is on there as well.
Okay, I'm confused about two things. First, Nebraska is not in the Florida list:
FLORIDA'S RECIPROCITY STATES
Alabama (1,3,5)
Alaska (1)
Arizona (6)
Arkansas (1)
Colorado (1,4)
Delaware
Georgia (1)
Idaho (3,6)
Indiana (1,3,6)
Kansas (1)
Kentucky
Louisiana (1)
Michigan (1,4)
Mississippi (1)
Missouri
Montana (3)
New Hampshire (1,3,4,6)
New Mexico (1)
North Carolina (1)
North Dakota (3,6)
Ohio (1)
Oklahoma (1)
Pennsylvania (1,6)
South Carolina (1,4,6)
South Dakota (1,3)
Tennessee (1,6)
Texas (1,3,6)
Utah (1,6)
Vermont (2)
Virginia (1,6)
West Virginia (1)
Wyoming (1,3)

Also, with that thing you posted, it doesn't clearly talk about reciprocity, it mentions states with similar laws about carry, lists states that have more intense laws (it lists California which does not have reciprocity with any state) and goes on to list that Wisconson and Illinois do not allow CC. Is this an actual reciprocity list? Without Nebraska being on the Florida list, if you come here Florida will not honor it.
It looks like it's simply a list of states with concealed weapons laws that are less than, equal to or greater than their own laws, not necessarily a reciprocity list.
From this form http://www.ago.ne.gov/media/Recognition_of_State_Concealed_Handgun_Permits.pdf
I'd not carry in any other state until I called someone to find out exactly what is going on. Kind of challenging language

·
Premium Member
1,737 Posts
Much better than I expected, but our AG, John is a stand up guy.

Now you all come to NE, and spend lots of $$$$'s

Z

·
Registered
3,604 Posts
Kansas is on there, now if I only had a reason to go to Nebraska. Maybe I'll get lucky and score some tickets to a Sooner/Husker football game and watch the Huskers get smashed. (I probably won't be able to carry at the game, guess maybe I shouldn't wear my Sooner apparell)

Joker1

Thanks for the post, nice to see more states getting with the program.

·
Registered
946 Posts
Florida will add NE very shortly. They will honor anyone who honors theirs. I figure in the coming weeks there will be a number of states that add NE to their list.

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
True, I shouldn't have called it reciprocity.

Is this an actual reciprocity list?
No. Until Aug 30, Nebraska recognized no other state permits, so previously there has been no "reciprocity", although some states unilaterally recognize all other states' permits.

The letter states that the AG is going to list these states on his website as states whose permits are recognized in Nebraska. This is the first step toward reciprocity. For example, Colorado recognizes the permits of any other state that recognizes the Colorado permit; no other qualifications necessary. So very soon Colorado's webpage listing other states whose permits are recognized here will include Nebraska---de facto reciprocity without a formal reciprocity document between CO and NE signed by the respective Attorneys General.

·
Premium Member
7,276 Posts
If I read LB 430 correctly, this should serve as their reciprocity list. The bill, which went into effect Aug. 30 allows for reciprocity for all states that the AG has determined meet the same standards as their permit does; this being the AG's official response to the new law.

·
Registered
366 Posts
handgunlaw.us

has already updated when i clicked on missouir it showed that Missourians can carry in Neb now.....

·
Registered
2,867 Posts
According to handgunlaw, FL lists NE as of today.

·
Registered
946 Posts
The create a map feature at handgunlaw.us is still not updated. Steve has to do 35 maps and they take time. But we are up to date on all the state pages and the "Who Honors My Permit" List.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts