Defensive Carry banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
602 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I received an email from Rocky Mt Gun Owners saying that Nebraska and Colorado reciprocity is NOT a done deal at this time.:confused::confused:

Anyone care to comment? I was planning a "Cabelas" trip to Nebraska soon........ Thanks.......

·
Registered
148 Posts
Fast Draw,
Nebraska Attorney General has published a list of States that Nebraska will honor. Colorado is one of them, so if I understand correctly, you may carry in Nebraska. I however may not carry in Co.
I would email the Nebraska AG's office and ask for clarification.Keep a copy of the answer with you.
Semper Fi
Hugh

·
Registered
1,829 Posts
It's true that reciprocity via formal agreement hasn't been done, so the RMGO advisory is technically correct. However, a formal reciprocity agreement is unnecessary.

The Nebraska AG has published a list which includes Colorado, so we will soon have de facto reciprocity.

From http://cbi.state.co.us/ccw/reciprocity.asp : "Pursuant to Colorado law (CRS 18-12-213), the State of Colorado will recognize a valid permit issued in another state IF the permit was issued to a resident of the state issuing the permit, and the permittee is 21 yrs of age or older, AND the other state recognizes Colorado permits as valid in their state."

·
Registered
944 Posts
Colorado has done a great job in the past of updating their reciprocity list very quickly. I think their site will be updated before the end of this week. I look for other states to follow in the near future and honor a Nebraska permit/license.

·
Premium Member
10,047 Posts
Looks like Missouri was added to the Nebraska list on 8/30/09. That is good as we are adjacent to each other. It really sucks that IL and IA does not honor my States CCW. It makes trips out of State very inconvenient and not always able to avoid a particular State entirely.

Now I have a route to go visit my nephew in North Dakota via Nebraska and not have to disarm!

·
Registered
602 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Looks like Missouri was added to the Nebraska list on 8/30/09. That is good as we are adjacent to each other. It really sucks that IL and IA does not honor my States CCW. It makes trips out of State very inconvenient and not always able to avoid a particular State entirely.

Now I have a route to go visit my nephew in North Dakota via Nebraska and not have to disarm!
Bark'n, don't you still have to drive thru IA to get to ND........ (without driving waaaaaaaayyyyyy out of the way)?

Also, hopefully you don't visit your nephew in ND in the winter time......:danceban::danceban:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts