Defensive Carry banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
LB454 & LB454A ("A" is the accompanying fiscal authorization) are on the agenda for Final Reading today in our Unicameral. Final Reading/vote is the last step before going to the governer. It's the second item for final reading today.

26 votes are needed for passage. Every required vote so far, and votes for cloture have passed with 33 votes. The primary anti is reviled by the other Senators, and he is term limited out of office this year. I think some of the cloture votes have been a symbolic kick in the pants on his way out the door. He already tried to send the bill back to committee last week with a fatal amendment....got soundly voted down.

Our governer will sign CCW into law.

There will be a running commentary this morning on CCW.NE in the Legislature Forum if anybody cares to keep track.

We could be a CCW state by noon!

·
Premium Member
25,483 Posts
I sure hope so - the clock has been tickin'!

If this goes thru it will already have been quite a landmark year - except sadly thus far, for our friends in WI.

·
Registered
2,206 Posts
Here's hopeing the law passes. Keep us updated.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It Passed!!!!!

Both measures just passed with votes to spare!

Now, on to the governer. No worries there.

YEEEEEEHAW!!!

·
Registered
277 Posts
Now, on to the governer. No worries there.
Sounds like exactly my kind of governor. :hand10:

Congratulations, y'all. :king:

·
Registered
90 Posts
Congrats, now I only have to avoid IL and the Northeast when traveling.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Governer Signed it!

Our Governer (who's running for re-election) signed Nebraska's CCW into law today!

He was elevated to Gov when our former Gov was appointed Sec of Ag last year. West Point grad, Ranger, 5 yrs US Army...seems like a pretty good guy. I'm voting for him.

Today was a good day, and a long time coming!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts