Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know of any distributors/dealers that stock quality leather gun belts? Or a gun belt manufacturer that doesn't have a 12-18 week wait?

I've talked to several, including Milt Sparks, Lou Alessi, Lightning Arms, etc.

I want a quality belt, 1.5", black, pre-curved.

Thanks.

·
Registered
559 Posts
Trade_Sniper said:
Does anyone know of any distributors/dealers that stock quality leather gun belts? Or a gun belt manufacturer that doesn't have a 12-18 week wait?

I've talked to several, including Milt Sparks, Lou Alessi, Lightning Arms, etc.

I want a quality belt, 1.5", black, pre-curved.

Thanks.

www.thebeltman.net

Quality leather gun belts, 2-3 week lead time.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
High Altitude said:
www.thebeltman.net

Quality leather gun belts, 2-3 week lead time.
Are his belts pre-curved? I've been on that site before but saw no mention of it. Seems like I sent an email asking, but didn't get a response.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Thanks for the recommendation, gentlemen.

TradeSniper,

My belts are cut on a straight line, rather than the contour like you are looking for.

Good luck in your search. :smilez:

·
1943 - 2009
10,368 Posts

·
Registered
6,011 Posts
merlin45k said:
Try Bluepress.com The instructor wilderness belts are strong and durable. merlin45kout
IIRC, Dillon (Blue Press) has outsourced it's gun leather and holster accessories. At least that's what I've heard.

·
Registered
17,352 Posts
But the wilderness belt was still made by wilderness tactile i think it was .. yes i think mitch rosen is making Dillions leather now

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I want a leather belt, so the wilderness is out. I need something I can wear when dressing up, or just in jeans and a black leather belt will fit the bill nicely.

I don't know if I'm locked into the pre-curved, I have been researching and from what I have read, those are supposed to be the way to go...at least thats what I understand. I think it makes for virtually no break-in. If you've ever had a 'well worn' belt, it eventually develops that curved shape. I've got a thin, leather, dress belt, and it took a long time to develop that shape, I can imagine what a double-layer, 1.5" gun belt would take to break in...

·
Registered
195 Posts
The wait for custom leather can be a long one. The sooner you get on a waiting list the sooner you will get a belt.

I am locked into a pre-curved belt. But I have never had a straight cut gun belt to compare to my curved belt. I would recommend taking a look at Brommelands Combat Dress Belt. I am very happy with mine. There will be the wait but you will get exactly what you are looking for.

If you are in a hurry think about a Wilderness belt to hold you over until you can get the leather belt you want. The Wilderness is very functional and comfortable and looks OK.

Good luck.

·
Registered
2 Posts
You may want to give these people a try. Craig and Audrey are truly nice people and have a good inventory with reasonable prices. I bought my belt from them and they were a big help in deciding which one to buy. I ended up with a Wilderness belt but they do carry leather also. I've never heard a bad word about them.

http://www.lightningarms.com/

1 - 20 of 42 Posts