Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have a hypothesis I want to research... Anyone here have a decent caliper and a Glock 43x/48? I'm looking for a precise measurement of the available grip length on the front of the grip... I want it measured from the trigger guard undercut, to the very bottom of the front of the empty mag- the same way SunTsu did in his p365 pics- keep the caliper up against the front of the grip like he did. And in millimeters.

Pics would be great, too, but aren't needed at first- but eventual pics would satisfy any doubters.

Thanks.

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

·
Registered
2,611 Posts
I have Calipers but no 365....Someone will be along....Rather they know how to read calipers is another thing.
If not i may be running to the big city this weekend and i can hit a store with 365's in stock and measure.

·
Registered
2,611 Posts
Why in millimeters?....If someone gives you inches from their calipers....1 inch = 25.4 mm
Most likely they will give you inches unless they have digital calipers...I have both.
If you get a measurement in inches from someone you may have to do a little math.:smile:

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Why in millimeters?....If someone gives you inches from their calipers....1 inch = 25.4 mm
Most likely they will give you inches unless they have digital calipers...I have both.
If you get a measurement in inches from someone you may have to do a little math.:smile:
If one starts off with the smaller units of MM to begin with, it's a more precise measurement, and my hypothesis will definitely come down to perhaps a difference of one to three mm.

Reactions: Cornhusker95

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Super Moderator
19,222 Posts
If one starts off with the smaller units of MM to begin with, it's a more precise measurement, and my hypothesis will definitely come down to perhaps a difference of one to three mm.
Precision is a function of the measuring tool, not the units of measure. We could measure the dimension you're interested in in light waves of helium, and give you the result in fractions of light years.

Here in the US, most dial calipers indicate in thousandths of an inch, yet you're looking to resolve a difference of 0.039 to 0.118 inches. Trying to understand your statement about "precision."

·
Registered
6,662 Posts
Nuh, uh ! 1 inch = 2.54 cm :rolleyes:

·
Registered
3,941 Posts
Precision is a function of the measuring tool, not the units of measure. We could measure the dimension you're interested in in light waves of helium, and give you the result in fractions of light years.

Here in the US, most dial calipers indicate in thousandths of an inch, yet you're looking to resolve a difference of 0.039 to 0.118 inches. Trying to understand your statement about "precision."
My carry gun holds 1 more round and is also .00001 fraction of a light year shorter. Obviously you will die in a confrontation that required one more round and I would prevail. I am not even going to mention the nano slivers of helium lighter mine is. This is what we have come to?

1 - 20 of 63 Posts