Defensive Carry banner

21 - 40 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
1,883 Posts
Why not just share your hypothesis from the beginning? People would be more interested. Especially if you are trying to prove a baby glock has the same grip length as a p365.

·
Premium Member
4,554 Posts
Thanks for the measurements, SunTsu! Now to find someone with a g43x or g48 for the same measurement.

The trouble with precise measurements in this case is if ten different people measured the same pistol, they will come up with ten different readings. Pop in a different mag and see another descrepincy in “fine” measurement. Metric measurement is not more precise than the Imperial system. The real difference is metrics is easier to understand for many people, especially the younger crowd.

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
Yes it does. Got money for the P365, ya got money for calipers .... millennials!
Not a Millennial but I admit to not ever noticing the protruding part at the bottom of the calipers to measure things that was in the OP's photo. I only use mine for measuring the width of blade steel and for reloading purposes. Basically, things that only require the jaws of the calipers. So I learned something already today. One thing I do not understand though, why can't a precise measurement be made on the gun's grip length by just stretching out the jaws of the calipers? Seems to me it would be easier to just stretch out the calipers and then contract the jaws to fit the grip tightly for a precise measurement.

·
Registered
33,946 Posts
Curiouser and curiouser…

Talk about grip fit to the extreme!

·
Registered
2,611 Posts
I agree. My muzzleloader is quite a bit more accurate with .452 XTPs than it is with .430 XTP's.
Yep...In the world of machining it is a big difference
Example...If you machine a shaft on a lathe and you make it .452 and you have to slide a bearing on it that measures .430 inner diameter
It isn't sliding on....And if that shaft has been heat treated....Good luck turning it down some more...I can be done but plan on burning up
some tooling.

·
Registered
12,736 Posts
Yep...In the world of machining it is a big difference
Example...If you machine a shaft on a lathe and you make it .452 and you have to slide a bearing on it that measures .430 inner diameter
It isn't sliding on....And if that shaft has been heat treated....Good luck turning it down some more...I can be done but plan on burning up
some tooling.
I should have explained better..................

·
Registered
4,163 Posts
If its a 45......
Actually it is a .50 caliber. The .452 XTP's with Harvester sabots are significantly more accurate than the .430 XTP's with Harvester sabots but that is muzzleloading for you. The same rifle off the same assembly line may shoot the .430 bullets better.

·
Premium Member
3,938 Posts
Unless there is a bet riding on this with an associated substantial sum of money, I've lost interest.

Reactions: OldVet

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter #39

·
Registered
3,982 Posts
I should have explained better..................
Everybody gets some.

I reckon it’s Glock inadequacy complex that drives the question. Or an inventor about to start his own gun company.

21 - 40 of 63 Posts