Defensive Carry banner

41 - 60 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
Because we have no Glock measurements yet, it appears the g43x/48 hasn't sold all that well, which doesn't surprise me. Still hoping to get those readings.

·
Registered
33,996 Posts
Because we have no Glock measurements yet, it appears the g43x/48 hasn't sold all that well, which doesn't surprise me. Still hoping to get those readings.
You're counting on someone who owns a particular gun, a caliper, who happens to read this thread, AND is so inclined to perform your research to answer your question.

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter #45

·
Registered
33,996 Posts
It appears this thread has been wasted time i will never get back....On to the next one:smile:
Please don't waste all your time on one thread. Spread the waste around.

·
Registered
508 Posts
flushmag.jpg

extendedmag.jpg

We are in a Blizzard Warning and I'm bored so I thought I would play along in this game that seems to be going no where, here is my Shield 9mm with flush and extended mags, yes they are loaded, the caliper was laid against the front strap and pushed up until it made contact with trigger guard.

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
Why would it matter if the mags were full or empty? They are the same length either way.
New pistols can be very tight with full mags, perhaps pushing the new mag out one mm or so more than it would after a few thousand rounds, and you and I both know people on the internet will argue that "one pistol had an advantage"- over the most trivial stuff.

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
Will NO 43x/48 owner accept the challenge?!

·
Registered
4,172 Posts
I guess it all depends on what you classify as, "sold all that well"? The manager of a large Glock Blue Label Distributor told me a couple days ago, that sales of the 43x and 48 were strong the first few days but had dropped off for them after that. Said it was nothing compared to the release of the Glock 43 or the P365. Take that for what it is worth.

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter #55
Any glock 43x/48 owners with calipers?

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter #58
So a friend of a friend got the g43x/48 measurement of the front grip length- 66.54 mm, and it's only about 6mm longer (6.03 mm) than the p365 with 12 round mag. But the p365 has a more contiguous, "unbroken line" front grip area toward the bottom than the g43x does, which would seemingly allow for a better overall grip feel. The g43x flares out a bit at the bottom front, and then there's the gap between the flared grip and the mag base...

This affirms my hypothesis that, of the people who've chosen the g43x over the p365 and claimed it was about the grip size, it's usually just because they really love Glocks, and not because of any negative with the p365. As big as Hickok45's hands are, he is carrying his p365 with the flush 10 round mag and some grip tape. Grip girth/circumference is easily modified via grip tape, rubber inner tube strip, etc.

I don't see too many people here on DC saying the p365 is too small in the grip, but a bunch of trolls at YT who've never owned a p365 try to make the argument as if there was a HUGE difference in front grip length, and it's just drivel.

Again, the g43x is only about 6 mm longer in the front of the grip than a p365 with 12 round mag, but the p365 is a much smoother and more consistent area at the front bottom, arguably allowing for a better grip feel. The question is, is that lumpy, gappy, 6 mm of extra glock 43x grip length, worth sacrificing the p365's two extra rounds and overall better concealability? As much as I love Glocks, it's not worth the sacrifice to me, but some die hard Glock fans would probably disagree.

For its overall size, it looks to me like the p365 offers more front grip length at its overall height, than most pistols that are even a little bigger. Based on the photos below, it certainly appears the extra 6mm in Glock grip length wouldn't necessarily be very comfortable because it consists of a flared lip, then a gap, and then a tapered mag base.
Glock43x.jpg SigP365With12RndMag.jpg

Reactions: MMinSC

·
Banned
19,639 Posts
1/4 inch would make all the difference for me to choose a g19 over a 17. If it had just another 1/4 inch, I'd not be pinching my little finger on a mag change with the g19.

1/4" can make a difference, if it didn't I wouldn't have to carry a g17 or G19x.

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter #60
1/4 inch would make all the difference for me to choose a g19 over a 17. If it had just another 1/4 inch, I'd not be pinching my little finger on a mag change with the g19.

1/4" can make a difference, if it didn't I wouldn't have to carry a g17 or G19x.
I agree- as long as that extra 5-7 mm are a contiguous unbroken space (like the g17 vs g19), or with only a tiny gap. But in this comparison of the g43x to the p365, photos show the extra 6mm of the 43x aren't very user friendly with the flare and gap, and the longer grip of the 43x costs two rounds compared to the p365 above.

41 - 60 of 63 Posts