Defensive Carry banner

61 - 63 of 63 Posts

·
Banned
19,639 Posts
I agree- as long as that extra 5-7 mm are a contiguous unbroken space (like the g17 vs g19), or with only a tiny gap. But in this comparison of the g43x to the p365, photos show the extra 6mm of the 43x aren't very user friendly with the flare and gap, and the longer grip of the 43x costs two rounds compared to the p365 above.
I believe user friendly is a personal matter. I carry my shield 45 with the extended mag and never notice the gap, nor have I noticed any user friendly negatives on using the +2 base plate of the g26's. Even if the gap was noticeable, I'd still not buy a sig out of exeter. Last two I bought had to go back, their QC isn't the reputation the company was built on today.

I think you'd make a better argument if you just concentrated on the added round capacity of the 365 than the gap or flare.

·
Registered
2,059 Posts
If one starts off with the smaller units of MM to begin with, it's a more precise measurement, and my hypothesis will definitely come down to perhaps a difference of one to three mm.
Precise? My dial caliper, as with most, has a precision of .001 inches. Due to the curve, it's difficult to get a precise measurement, but probably to about .005", about the thickness of 20 lb paper.

·
Registered
355 Posts
I'm a much bigger Glock fan then Sig fan. I carried the original 43 ALOT for 2 years and it's a great gun. But the Sig 365 is just light years better for me because of the huge capacity difference. The 43X felt good in my hand but I'm not blinded by my love of the Glocks to switch back to a bigger gun that holds less rounds. Until a company I prefer over Sig comes up with something even close, the 365 will stay on my hip.

61 - 63 of 63 Posts