Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am a new member of a local tactical shooting club and I need to replace my single stack Kimber 45 for something with more round capacity. It also needs to serve as my CC. I'm leaning towards a 9mm as the ammo is easy to find and much cheaper. Give me some ideas.

·
Banned
1,098 Posts
CZ 75B available in 9mm and .40 S&W

·
Registered
394 Posts
Glock 19, good balance between a full size and compact + you get lots of different magazine combinations to suit capacity and your hand size.

15 round
17 round
15 round with + 1 base plate
17 round with + 1 base plate
or the big 33 rounder for some fun at the range.

·
Banned
13,684 Posts
Glock 19 is a good one. It's what my wife uses for USPSA. Mine? G17.

·
Premium Member
5,765 Posts
Springfield XDm, in 9mm...holds 19 rounds, I believe... or a G19...

·
Registered
22,908 Posts
I'd buy a G19 or a CZ75.

·
Premium Member
3,704 Posts
I am a new member of a local tactical shooting club and I need to replace my single stack Kimber 45 for something with more round capacity. It also needs to serve as my CC. I'm leaning towards a 9mm as the ammo is easy to find and much cheaper. Give me some ideas.
If you are used to the quality of Kimber, I would say you cannot go wrong with most Sig Sauers. The P226 Elite has a 4.4" Bbl and 15 Rd Mag. The Sig P250 in my opinion is highly under rated. The compact has a 3.9" Bbl and 15rd mag. great price.
The Sig P229 Elite is also a fine pistol.

I sell all.

Call 888-747-2080

I don't have these listed on my website.

GundAndSupply.com Home

·
Registered
469 Posts
Springfield XD 9/40, Glock 19, S&W M&P 9/40, Sig, If money allows - H&K USP.
ALL well made and higher capacity and all can be used as a CC. Good luck in the tactical shooting and the shopping!
~Steve

·
Premium Member
3,704 Posts
Springfield XD 9/40, Glock 19, S&W M&P 9/40, Sig, If money allows - H&K USP.
ALL well made and higher capacity and all can be used as a CC. Good luck in the tactical shooting and the shopping!
~Steve
Yes the H & K USP 9mm is also a good choice. This model is in a slightly lower price range than most Sig's but a very good pistol. I have not men toned Glocks. I sell lots of them. They are just not my first choice.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I have to agree,

With some of the other posters. Glock 19 is the way to go. Fit the mags with +2 baseplates and new springs and you have a concealable, accurate, reliable fighting gun that holds 18 rounds of any 9mm you want to load it with. Tons of holsters available, lots of sight configurations, after market barrels, the works. And after we are all dust, that thing will still be at a range someplace firing away.

·
Premium Member
24,508 Posts
CZ75 P-01 for 9mm or CZ75 P-06 if you opt for .40 cal.

·
Registered
208 Posts
+1 For the Glock 19.

·
Super Moderator
50,596 Posts
Another Glock-19 vote here...:hand10:

·
Registered
5,327 Posts
I'd buy a G19 or a CZ75.
+1 both are excellent guns, but I would give the nod to the Glock, just for accessroies and whatnot.

·
Super Moderator
4,964 Posts
S&W M&P full size or M&P 9 Pro.

Plenty of aftermarket support, excellent shooting guns. Just bought a 9 Pro for my wife, and it's really nice. Good trigger right out of the box, handles nicely. Interchangeable back straps for fine tuning fit.

Matt

·
Registered
862 Posts
G19 with std. mag and then get a G17 magazine to go with it. Boom Done. That'd be my choice.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts