Defensive Carry banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have tried all those cheapy knife sharpeners and they never seem to work. Does anyone know of a really good pocket or protable knife sharpener??

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
I use one made by a company called Stirling. If your interested I have a phone number were you can order one. Just send my a PM and I will pass the info on.
Mike

·
Administrator
143,839 Posts
The little Benchmade portable Field sharpener is excellent. It will easily fit on a keychain.
They are actually made for Benchmade & Harley and others by a company called Redi-Edge.
Search Ebay for "Benchmade Sharpener" They are always on there.
The Benchmade Tactical Pro is usually a bit cheaper.
Hold the knife straight up and down with the blade in the Carbide Cutter "V" and with hardly any downward pressure pull the knife toward you.
You may have to do it a few times.
It will get a blade just to the point where it will shave hair off your arm.
It's FAST and more than adequate for a survival or field work edge.

I like this sharpener so much that I'll be building one into my next SHTF/survival knife sheath.

And....it's ~~~> :usflag:MADE IN AMERICA:usflag:

·
Registered
114 Posts
You may think this is dumb but i sharpen my blade on my car window. I row it down and use the edge just like i would any of those ceramic rods. It works real well and if you are traveling you'll have it with you

·
Registered
108 Posts
You may think this is dumb but i sharpen my blade on my car window. I row it down and use the edge just like i would any of those ceramic rods. It works real well and if you are traveling you'll have it with you
You can also use the bottom edge of a porcelain coffee mug..:bier:

·
Registered
80 Posts
I am thinking about buying the lansky deluxe system. It's not pocket portable but supposed to be one of the best out there.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts