Defensive Carry banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have custom holster made by Ryan Grizzle which is great for every day activities, but I like to go fishing and hiking. As everyone knows leather and water aren't the best of friends. I need a holster that if I fall in the lake or creek like a big dummy it wont hurt the holster just my pride. It can be iwb or owb and not cost a fortune. Thank in advance.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Any holster made of kydex but because you think you might "slip and fall in the water" make sure it has a safety release like a Phobus or BlackHawk. JMO!

·
Premium Member
7,579 Posts
Kydex holster - by any number of makers.

I prefer Crown Holsters for inexpensive ($50 range) and Raven Concealment for a little higher quality and greater variety ($90 range).

·
Premium Member
3,841 Posts
I use a Blackhawk Serpa open carry with my Glock 17 when I am at the lake. It is secure, water won't hurt the kydex, and it is relatively inexpensive.

·
Registered
2,932 Posts
I hope your gun doesn't get wet.

·
Premium Member
3,841 Posts
I hope your gun doesn't get wet.
Damn, I knew I shouldn't have been swimming while carrying:)

I only carry when I am fishing from the dock, walking around the property or hanging out on the dock or porch. Boating, watercraft and swimming with my son are done sans gun. I suppose it is possible I could fall in while carrying at some point, but it hasn't happened yet...

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Damn, I knew I shouldn't have been swimming while carrying:)

I only carry when I am fishing from the dock, walking around the property or hanging out on the dock or porch. Boating, watercraft and swimming with my son are done sans gun. I suppose it is possible I could fall in while carrying at some point, but it hasn't happened yet...
Hate to say it but you probably just jinxed yourself.lol

·
Registered
34 Posts
Anything kydex. And, don't fall in. Also, an inexpensive, non custom made leather holster would be ok getting wet. A lot of people soak them to break them in. If wet, just don't stretch it out, let it dry naturally.

·
Registered
67 Posts
I was going to suggest kydex-tech before I saw what your gun was, not sure about that one but as mentioned, anything kydex should fit your need.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts