Defensive Carry banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
998 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need a new belt. I've changed assignments and will be doing a good bit of plain clothes work. I need a belt that is nice enough to look okay with slacks/jacket/tie but simple enough that it wouldn't look out of place with khakis and a golf shirt. The belt needs be strong enough to support my firearm and cuffs and an extra mag.

Any suggestions would be welcome. I guess a 1.5" would probably be the best width to fit my circumstances.

I don't want to spend a huge amount on the belt, but I do want quality.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Try a company Gould and Goodrich. I bought one of their belts, the Gold Line Shooters belt . I paid $39 for it at a shop in Austin TX.
It is my first "gun" belt, so I cannot compare it with others, but it supports my Kimber in a MS Watch Six holster all day long.
Good luck. :smile:

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
CombatEffective said:
I need a new belt. I've changed assignments and will be doing a good bit of plain clothes work. I need a belt that is nice enough to look okay with slacks/jacket/tie but simple enough that it wouldn't look out of place with khakis and a golf shirt. The belt needs be strong enough to support my firearm and cuffs and an extra mag.

Any suggestions would be welcome. I guess a 1.5" would probably be the best width to fit my circumstances.

I don't want to spend a huge amount on the belt, but I do want quality.
If you are going to use it with dress slacks, then the width will depend on the size of the beltloops on your slacks. A 1.5" looks out of place on some slacks, where a 1.25" fits better in the loops.

·
Registered
615 Posts
Yeah, I agree with Tom357 on the belt width....unless you're wearing 1960's Mod slacks, you're gonna be hardpressed to find any these days that'll take a 1.5 inch wide belt......of course, if you're wearing those Mod slacks you're gonna stick out like a sore thumb anyway! :tongue:

·
Registered
236 Posts
Prospector said:
of course, if you're wearing those Mod slacks you're gonna stick out like a sore thumb anyway! :tongue:
Like plaid and a Neru! :biggrin:

·
Registered
998 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'll be wearing a casual khaki slack most of the time with a simple sport coat when leaving the office.

The belt in the link above looks like it would fit the bill. I'll contact them, and I'm going to check a local leather shop as well.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I have a Aker 1.5 inch dress belt. It has a insert sewn into it to make it plenty stiff. Galls has it for about $32. I've had mine for a while, and it is holding up good.

·
Registered
484 Posts
Cabelas Civil War pistol belt. Nice leather, very sturdy, cheap, cool belt buckle.

·
Registered
998 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I went to a local leather shop, Masada Leather, today after speaking with them on the phone. I got a black belt and a brown belt. I think they will be pretty good. They are made out of harness leather and have a 10 year warranty that includes any adjustments and reconditioning. They also hand cut them with me wearing all of my assorted gear on the belt to get the size just right. The price was $36 each.

·
Registered
1,780 Posts
The black Wilderness belt looks good enough to pass muster in most social situations. I wouldn't wear it with a tuxedo or to a wedding :biggrin: , but for most occasions it is more than passable.

·
Registered
998 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I do want an instructor belt, but I don't think that it will work for the purpose stated in this thread.

The belts that I had made are working fine. I switched to a different paddle holster that worked better than what I was wearing. I do think that I am going to switch to a belt holster though.

In time when my wallet recovers from all of the stuff that I have bought I will order a nice double layered dress belt or two. I wore my IWB holster into work today and the belt worked great with it, but if I am going to carry on the belt I want a more substantial belt.

·
Registered
195 Posts
I got a belt from Gary Brommeland last week and would recommend one of his to anyone looking for a top quality gun belt. This belt is awesome.

·
Registered
998 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Brian,

Thanks for the suggestion. I'll definately be in the market for a quality belt again before long. I was in a time pinch and needed something ASAP. I'll probably order a belt/holster/mag combo when I can.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts