Defensive Carry banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been meaning to get a proper magazine pouch for pocket carry, so I finally have a Remora incoming. BUT, in the meantime, I've been using this:

It's an iPod "sock," or sleeve.

Yeah, yeah, it's pink, but it does the trick with keeping dirt, lint and other debris out of the magazine. And the magazine hasn't slipped out of the sock at all since I began using it. The magazine is a 12-round Smith and Wesson for the M&P Compact 9mm. I keep it in my back pocket.

Cost? About $8 for six of them, in all kinds of colors: Amazon.com: 6 Pack Beanie Caps/Socks For All Apple iPods, Cell Phones MP3 players, Zune, Zen, and SanDisk Sansa: Electronics

Or, if you or someone you know is crafty enough, you can make one for cheaper, I'm sure.

·
Super Moderator
50,610 Posts
Yep, that'll work for now...is your real name Richard Simmoms?

·
Registered
2,442 Posts
Is that a magazine in your pink sock, or are you just glad to see me?

Reactions: BugDude

·
Premium Member
1,115 Posts
Don't know why you bothered to change it just use it and save the money. Baby socks work better, but I always get baby blue so the wise guys don't make comments about my masculinity. Pulling out a powder blue baby sock with a magazine in it, clearly states to the watching world that you are a powerful person to be reckoned with.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Don't know why you bothered to change it just use it and save the money. Baby socks work better, but I always get baby blue so the wise guys don't make comments about my masculinity. Pulling out a powder blue baby sock with a magazine in it, clearly states to the watching world that you are a powerful person to be reckoned with.
We have other colors somewhere in our drawer of miscellaneous items, I've just been too lazy to check.

The reason I got a Remora incoming is because I ordered one of their OWB holsters and the magazine pouch is a freebie. They have a promo going on until the end of May.

The Remora will also work better in my shorts I wear, since the pockets are larger. The larger the pocket = more movement from the magazine. And since the sock doesn't fit too snug around the magazine, the magazine might slip out of it and then I'd have defeated the entire purpose.

·
Premium Member
8,790 Posts
That's fabulous! I'm going to crochet my own right now!!

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

·
Registered
206 Posts
@pignut.....it's working well so far.......i have a back pocket holster I made also....but the galco gets carried more in cooler weather..

·
Registered
4,401 Posts
1 - 19 of 19 Posts