Defensive Carry banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello Peoples,

I have the lead on a Sistema 1911 (mod 1927) from about 1951. From the pictures I can tell the blueing is worn a bit. I also see some scratches on the slide and various small dings. The grips would have to go. Do you think $325 is a reasonable price for such a piece? My main purpose of getting this weapon is for a nice shooter/range toy.

Pictures below . . .

I seek your knowledge oh 1911 Gurus.

·
Premium Member
20,044 Posts
I would not have a problem dropping $325 for that particular gun. I bet it would clean up real well. And, I DO agree with you on losing those grips :biggrin:

·
Premium Member
25,483 Posts
Yep - I reckon that's an OK price too. I am not a guru on 1911's but do have a Sistema and IIRC paid approaching $400. It is original except I fitted a Chip trigger and had hammer notches balanced up to get rid of annoying ''snick'' thru trigger travel. Mine is not the blued but the gray version and IIRC was a 1959 release.

·
Premium Member
25,483 Posts
OD - that looks very handsome - and in some ways rather collectible.
This is a Colt "mod. 1927" auto in .45acp. This is one of the orginal shipment, made at Colt by Colt, for the Argentine army. It is not to be confused with the later, Argentine produced "FMAP" pistol. It is probably arsenal refinished, since it is the correct color, and as refinished, it is in excellent condition, with only minor scratching, and high-edged finish wear. Function and lock-up are fine, bore is excellent. All numbers match, grips and mag are correct, and the gun has not been modified in any way.
Hmm - hoped the hotlinked pic would come up but seems not.

·
Super Moderator
22,132 Posts
Chris,

If it weren't for the arsenal refinish, it would bring $1300. Only 10,000 made, who knows how many survived.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I am officially bummed

That Sistema will not be coming home with me. When I asked for it on THR the seller said that someone had taken it and if I wanted to be next on the list if the deal went through. I said yes but figured it was long gone. Then I received an email asking me if I want it, as the other deal had fallen through. I asked for pictures, and then after seeing them wrote this post to see if my fellow forumites agreed with me that the price was fair. Then I sent an email saying I wanted it and the details on how we would meet for the deal. Then I get an email a bit later saying someone local had bought it. Arrrrggghhh!

I will now go sulk for a bit. I do appreciate the input you all have given.

·
Super Moderator
22,132 Posts
Chris,

I forgot to mention, I really like the looks of your Sistema. Whose stocks does it wear?

·
Registered
6,868 Posts
I'll keep my eyes open for one,for you, if one passes through the Store. Last one I saw, went for about 295.00 to 325.00.......

·
Premium Member
25,483 Posts
OD - know what - even checking inside those grip panels there is no ID at all - so no idea of the make.

They are tho for me excellent grips with a good degree of palm swell, which I prefer compared to some of the flatter styles. Maybe someone else can identify them from the diamond shape around grip screw areas.

·
Super Moderator
22,132 Posts
Chris,

They are wood and not rubber correct? I kinda like the double diamond Hogue rubbers, but they place their logo right in the center of the panel, which ruins the looks for me. I was hoping you'd say they were rubber. :wink:

FWIW Chris, you can get the double diamond stocks from about any of the makers, it is the original style first used on the Colt M-1911.

Thanks for looking Chris.

·
Premium Member
25,483 Posts
Darn it OD - no, had meant to say, yeah they are in fact rubber!!

So still guessing as to origin.

·
Super Moderator
22,132 Posts
Dang it, now I really gotta know! :wink:

I appreciate your replies Chris.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I appreciate that CLASS3NH.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts