Defensive Carry banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
9,345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
One, I am NEW to conceal carry and own my first gun since last November. I have a Ruger SR40c with a 3.5 inch barrel. I live in TX and thus spend a lot time time wearing shorts that have a draw string . i also have a GUT.

My question is the Remora 6ART with full sweat shield... would it stay in a pair of shorts like that or sweat pants. Or does it really need a belt to hold it in.

The other system that attracts me is 3 Speed and I am also looking into Fusionpac (Tactipac). But I have seen so many positive comments on Remora, it got my interest.

·
Registered
138 Posts
I have a Remora. It works. But you do need some tension to help hold the holster against the body. The sweat pants would have to be of very good quality to provide adequate tension. Now sweat pants with a few loops would be perfect for using a belt if needed. You have a local seamstress sew loops on your sweats if your committed to this type of pant.

Remora does have a good return policy if it doesn't work out for you.

Have you looked at Versacarry?

·
Registered
54 Posts
I carry my G36 when I walk. Sweat pants when it is cool and shorts when warm. Cinch up the draw string and it will hold with no problem.

·
Registered
821 Posts
You need a drawstring to help hold a Remora in place or else you need some wide, strong elastic in the waistband! That said, they work as advertised, and have pretty much proven themselves. Inexpensive and work. I wouldn't run a marathon with one but I have also read a post (elsewhere) where a LEO ran after a suspect and had his pistol (forget what gun) in a Remora and it stayed in p[lace! Look at this video:

Remora No-Clip IWB Holster - review & demo - YouTube

·
Registered
154 Posts
Yes it will hold but I prefer using a good instructors belt. Remora holsters are fantastic. I have the 10ART for my Sig 229 and will be getting the full sweat shield for summer carry. I have said it before, I have carried a lot of different ways and never was a fan of iwb but the Remora converted me, I love it. For the price, the simipliciy and ease of use it is outstanding. My heavy Sig likes it at about 4 o'clock with a slight forward cant. That allows me to easily and comfortably carry sitting in my truck, bending or stooping, and of course, walking around. You will come to love it.

·
Registered
375 Posts
+1 for the Remora. I have three and feel very comfortable with gym shorts/sweats for around the house stuff. I too am a big guy and think it works well, especially for the price.

·
Registered
9,345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Really appreciate the feedback. I wanted to cut back expenses on special clothes, or high end belts and holsters. I like the concept of the Remora (I also like the 3 Speed ). I really need something economical, safe & secure (hate to have my pants fall down and get arrested for both Flashing my weapon and FLASHING ! ;)

·
Registered
323 Posts
How do you use a public bathroom with a Remora???

Because with a traditional IWB it will just chill inside your pants no issues, no taking it off. With OWB you can just buckle your belt around your shins.

In God and Glock we Trust

·
Registered
154 Posts
How do you use a public bathroom with a Remora???

Because with a traditional IWB it will just chill inside your pants no issues, no taking it off. With OWB you can just buckle your belt around your shins.

In God and Glock we Trust
Not sure about you but if I have to use the restroom in public, I most certainly do NOT just let ANY weapon sit around my ankles in plain view of anyone who walks in. Regardless of holster, I will generally rest it on the TP dispenser or back of the head while I take care of business. I try to not be in that situation but if nature calls, I am careful about selecting a location with only one bathroom and not one with multiple stalls where that can become an issue. Benefit being with a Remora, it stays in the holster and you do not have a chambered weapon sitting on the back of a toilet where it can slide off.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.