Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,
Does anyone have a good idea how to carry concealed while wearing bib overalls? During cooler weather a shoulder rig under a jacket works. Now that it's warmer, it won't work. I pretty much have to wear bibs during the work week and weekends due to overtime. Any help would be most appreciated.

·
Super Moderator
4,965 Posts
Seem to me there are a couple viable options here.

1. Pocket gun.
2. Appendix or 1 o'clock carry, under the front of the bib.

Of the two a good pocket gun would seem to be the trick.

Do you have a specific gun in mind, or are you looking for pistol suggestions?

Matt

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
I have heard a few people like the smartcarry http://www.smartcarry.com/ for use with bibs. I never have tried it but the people that use it swear by it.
Mike

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
Well, it sounds like you are active so weapon retention will be very important. I don't exactly know what type of work you are in so I'm assuming that you are in the construction industry.

Pocket carry kinda scares me if I am doing construction or active work. When I was in college, I used to work for my friend that was a HVAC contractor and was always climbing up in attics or on top of roofs. I wouldn't want it to work its way out if I'm on a roof or in an attic and drop two or three stories and have a possible discharge.
I guess if I was going to carry in overalls I would use a bellyband under my T-shirt. You could still reach in the overalls and draw. The draw my be slower, but with practice I think you could draw fairly quick. Another option I may consider is a fanny pack. I know that this screams armed, but on a construction type worker, I think that it is less obvious. I think most folks would think you are carrying tools, not a firearm.

Anyway just my .02. I'm sure the experts on here have some better options.

·
Registered
99 Posts
I used to carry a 4" K frame on a belt under my bibs. Appendix carry right side very fast, out of the way slightly baggy bibs.
My grandad carried this way and it served him well, too.

Reactions: ShooterGranny

·
Registered
3,085 Posts
Seems the trick is going to be loose fitting bibs. Depending on the type of movement you have to do (crouching, bending, etc.) appendix style carry might be the best option (1-2:00 for righties, 10-11:00 for lefties) for quick access and concealability. A lot will depend on your weapon too of course, a J-frame wheelgun or small frame auto would be my personal size limit (5'-10", 185 lbs) but your build might allow for larger weapons ... or two of them even.
Good luck & let us know what ya' decide on.
Jack

·
Registered
57 Posts
Why not wear what you want under the bibs and just customize the bibs? Split the strong side seam and have a zipper, velcro, or snaps installed.

·
Registered
5,134 Posts
I have a buddy who just tuckes a p3at into the chest pocket of his bibs , seems to serve him well as its what he wears 90% of the time lol

·
Registered
57 Posts
As long as we're all wearing bib overalls, maybe we should all buy an attack pig and name him Arnold. (Older Southern boys will get this and for you young'ns out there its not a reference to the Gov of Kali) Where I come from we all hoped Mr. Douglas (Eddie Albert) would go postal and shoot Mrs. Douglas (Eva Gabor). Mr Douglas always wore a vest so you know he was packin!

·
Registered
205 Posts
it was the girls down the tracks at the next junction that were packing.
anyway cowboys of old wore bibs more often than depicted , and they managed to have a "holdout" in there somehow.
elance

·
Registered
359 Posts
ONe of the slickest ways I have seen it done was , put together by a former partner,, you know one of them good ole bous from NC,,

He had his wife sew into the bib behind the pockets a thin leather thumb break holster for a "J" S&W, it had a slight angle to it, to help draw,, as he was the type that stood with his hands inside the bib, it was always handy

·
Registered
7 Posts
One good thing about bib overalls (mine anyway) BIG pockets. I pocket carry an LCP custom or a Kahr CM9 in a Remora.

·
Registered
6,222 Posts
You didn't specify what brand overalls. I used to easily pocket carry a PF-9 and LCR in Carhartt brown duck overalls. BTW, I am average size and build. The Carhartts have MUCH deeper pockets than most of the other brands. Good luck!

·
Premium Member
5,007 Posts
Nine year old drive by post.

It's not that rare that people
Bring back these posts from
The dead, but when they do I
Laugh

Reactions: hick63 and PEF

·
Premium Member
5,007 Posts
But we are constantly reminded "the search function is your friend"

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

If you are looking for an answer to something like, which holster works best with a tuxedo?, yes the search function is definitely your friend.

Ressurecting drive by threads to post up advice is like necropsy....:dead:

Reactions: PEF
1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.