Defensive Carry banner

Need Help 12 ga semi auto or pump

3K views 36 replies 18 participants last post by  MB53 
Beretta, Benelli, two popular & very reliable autos. They will also handle all loads. From light loads on up. Some wont. I think the mossberg 930 is one that can be problematic with light loads like skeet rounds.

Remington of course had had the model 1100 forever, and its popular. I dont care for them myself. They also make a versamax, and another one that currently escapes me.

You can get decent quality, and decently priced semi autos that are reliable. What Id really look to is recoil reduction in some models. Like the first two I listed. Those will cost you considerably more than the others.

I wouldnt even consider a Winchester semi auto. They aint what they used to be, and havent been for a long while now.

Yep, but never for SD/HD stuff. And Kentucky Law will soon allow for...personal distillation of various grains! :image035:
Same here. Reloaded shotshells since age 12. And still have the first MEC press my Father bought, and its still up & running.

I think all of us reloaders got burned by the Model 1100, and switched over to 870s. One of the best (and funniest) gun ads I ever saw was for an Ithaca.

It went like this; Two pictures of two shotguns. The first the remington model 1100, with the words "The worlds most popular gas operated semi auto".

The second, a picture of the new Ithaca model semi auto, with the words "Now introducing the worlds most dependable".

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.