Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im looking for an IWB holster for my G26 and have a few in mind but need help deciding. I was looking at the Minotaur MTAC and the crossbreed supertuck. I will also need a good gun belt.

·
Registered
136 Posts
I've got three Crossbreed producted (two Supertucks, one minituck) and I love them. My first Supertuck was for the 1911s in the safe and I liked it so much I ordered one for my G19/G32. I also got the minituck for the PM9. If you have the choice, I'd get the combat cut because I ended up cutting away the excess on the 1911 supertuck once I could compare it to the factory combat cut for the G19/G32 setup. I put up the cash for the horsehide, too. Love my supertucks, they pushed all other IWB holsters into the junk drawer, and I have some very nice ones. Nothing bad to say about those others, but the Crossbreed stuff is just more comfortable.

·
Registered
2,034 Posts
Im looking for an IWB holster for my G26 and have a few in mind but need help deciding. I was looking at the Minotaur MTAC and the crossbreed supertuck. I will also need a good gun belt.
I absolutely love my G26 riding in a Milt Sparks "Watch Six". It's similar to the Versa Max 2, but does not have the detailed boning and reinforced mouth--but, it is thin, comfy and a great value!

Buy a cheap kydex to get you by until your Sparks holster comes in!

Regarding a belt...lots of viable options out there. I like my Liger Belt and my shark belt from Beltman.

Good luck.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the replys guys and I am looking for something thin since im 6'2" 180 its not as easy to conceal as some larger guys unless I have a good holster. That watch six looks very nice also wonder how it would compare to the supertuck.

·
Premium Member
5,765 Posts
I got a MTAC minotaur with the slide for my 26...It also fits all the other Glock 9mm's. Love it...

·
Premium Member
5,765 Posts
I also have a G19, that's why I bought the slide...If you want the end of the muzzle covered, order it for a G19, the 26 still fits perfectly, but the kydex shell covers the muzzle + about 1/2". That way you can use it for both.. Either way they are great holsters...

·
Registered
53 Posts
i carry my g26 in a ctac. had the crossbreed and didn't like it much. i will say the customer service at crossbreed is excellent and they took back the holster i got from them no questions asked. i believe the supertuck and the minotaur line are similar in design. for a belt i believe many will recommend one from beltman, thats what i have. if you can't wait the long time to get one or the price is too high i would look at a wilderness instructors belt.

·
Super Moderator
50,596 Posts
It costs nothing to 'window shop'...ya' gotta' look here for a while...

Fist Holsters

·
Registered
12 Posts
Most will list their favorite holster(s) on a question such as this. So I will add my .02.

I carry a full size Glock 22 in a MTAC and it carries well. My G27 will also fit nicely in the MTAC but I picked up a Galco Royal Guard for the G27 and found it to be the most comfortable holter I have in my collection. Horse leather, reinforced opening and I wear it at 3:30 or so and I love the 15 deg angle. Most of the time I forget it is even there. I was working outside most of today, sweating in the sun, climbing ladders, etc and just checked it .. it's dry as a bone. No doubt this is my #1 carry holster.

·
Registered
125 Posts
I just picked up the std crossbreed supertuck last week, and absolutely love it for my glock 23. I actually wore it for a 10hr drive yesterday, and was absolutely comfortable the entire time. Today, I got so comfortable with it, I had to stop and actually check to make sure I didn't lose my glock, it was that comfy.

·
Registered
91 Posts
I had a VM2, but didn't like how high it positioned the gun.

Now I have an HBE holster-- the gun sits lower, and feels much more stable.

·
Registered
862 Posts
I have a MTAC for my G27 and I love it.

The holster is high quality, tough, and sucks that G26/27 frame right to your body, which is exactly what i wanted.

I was torn when i first tried to find a good IWB holster b/w all the different options. I went with the MTAC because of the versatility and the modularity of it. Also they have great customer service I called/emailed them several times and they were more then helpful. There's alot of great holsters out there just depends on what your looking for.

·
Registered
439 Posts
I like my MTAC (XD .45 full size). Don't have experience with Crossbreed.

One thing nice about the MTAC is how adjustable it is. I've had to experiment a lot to find the best position, height, angle, etc. and the MTAC supports such experimentation.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I like my MTAC (XD .45 full size). Don't have experience with Crossbreed.

One thing nice about the MTAC is how adjustable it is. I've had to experiment a lot to find the best position, height, angle, etc. and the MTAC supports such experimentation.
Sound good :). Wish I could just try them all lol.

·
Premium Member
7,703 Posts
When I had my little Glock, I used a VersaMax-II and it was pretty darn nice. As you can see, the belt crosses the gun low enough to allow a good grip on the weapon when drawing!

TT Gunleather and UBG have a shorter wait but it's catching up to Milt Sparks quickly! :wink:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts