Defensive Carry banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
7,277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've just got some news that could possibly be of danger to others/myself regarding the mentally ill and illegal gun shooting in the home and not sure how to handle it without getting myself involved. It is not a relative and I want to do this anonymously.

Please PM asap.

Thank you!

·
Registered
7,277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Bump.....I know it's Saturday but geez....

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
I am not LEO, nor am I a lawyer - if you think there is some danger to others or possibly yourself, I'd certainly contact the authorities. Do it anonymously at first if you must. However, follow-up investigation or criminal trial, could bring them knocking at your door. But, if there is the possibility that this could save lives...in my opinion, that would make it entirely worth it to get involved.

·
Registered
7,277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Out of time, can't wait any longer, gotta go....thank's for trying anyway... :sigh:

·
Premium Member
13,164 Posts
There is a reason why the owners of a bulletin board I moderate have this posted as a header:

"FOR CRISIS: Go to Hospital ER or CALL 911"

·
Registered
2,645 Posts
Coming to an internet site asking advice with little for anyone to go on is not the best avenue to take. If laws are being broken or lives are in danger, by all means, go to the local LE agency. I certainly could not offer any advice on the info furnished in the OP.

·
Registered
21,471 Posts
:blink:

Reactions: Rock and Glock

·
Registered
45,369 Posts
Either 911 or the PD's non-emergency number...

·
Premium Member
2,249 Posts
Oh my. Keep us posted and stay safe. Don't put yourself at risk. Hope all goes well.

·
Premium Member
7,276 Posts
standing up for what is right and remaining anonymous are two opposite actions
That's not an exclusive truth but without understanding more about the actual situation the OP was involved in, there's no way to accurately judge it.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I would think an anonymous call to the non-emergency number would be enough to have a cop go and ask a few questions. However, safety of lives takes precedence over anonymity.

·
Registered
77 Posts
I doubt if you can call the police without them knowing who you are very easily. If in a time critical situation, but short of a 911 call I may go with 'family intervention'. Of course I have no idea of the specifics of this case. That intervention may involve removing firearms & ammo from the household in question.

·
Premium Member
1,817 Posts
We have an anonymous phone number here to provide info on various criminal activity. The primary purpose is to collect a reward but not divulge personal info. Ya know -- we got that "no snitching" thing.

Don't most places have something like that?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.