Defensive Carry banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw a special this weekend on "guns of the world" and they showed Russia's latest addition to their AK series of rifles. It has been out for several years, but is to expensive to mass produce with their floundering economy.

It is GAS and RECOIL operated. The barrel reciprocates as it fires, and the brief video of it in full auto was pretty impressive, with no rise of the weapons sight line. They reported that with the gas/recoil operation, it could fire "TWO shot burst" before the shooter could feel recoil from the first shot. :yup:

Leave it to those pesky Ruskies to come up with another superb functionally operating weapon.

Main problem is, if they are not mass producing them, what chance do we have of getting to play with one.:aargh4:

Does anyone know what the number was for this, and if their is any info out on the web about it.

I think it was AK-9?, but I don't remember for sure. It did not have the AK-47 look, the gas chamber was below the barrel, with a good space between, and no brackets connecting the two.

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
6,868 Posts
Yes....I saw some TV segment a few years back showing that gun being fired on full-auto....with almost zero muzzle rise.

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
I saw that show not to long ago. That rifle is one bad maima jama.:danceban:

·
Registered
122 Posts
Looks kinda like a galil.

·
Registered
2,087 Posts
Does the 5.45mm round perform similar to the 5.56mm?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts