Defensive Carry banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,031 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need a custom holster made for a new Charter Arms Pitbull .40sw revolver I will pick up in a couple weeks. I know there are some makers that build holsters for this pistol but they are not the maker I choose to buy from. My maker does not have a blue gun for the Pitbull and no one offers a blue gun for this or any same frame model of Charter revolvers.

I have read here that the SP101 and S&W K frames are "close" enough but I want to know that for a fact. I have tried to find a holster for these at a gun shop that also has the Pitbull in stock. No luck. It will not, for a fact, fit J frame holsters and will not fit Taurus Judge holsters of plastic/kydex.

If I am going to spend $150 on custom leather I want it to fit properly.

Does anyone here own at least a Charter Bulldog .44spl or Pitbull revolver and also own one of the S&W K frame or Ruger SP101?

I would like a close up eyeball inspection side by side and maybe a holster fit attempt between these pistols.

If no one can help then I am going to try to make my own blue gun. . . . which means I need more help :blink:

·
Registered
3 Posts
I need a custom holster made for a new Charter Arms Pitbull .40sw revolver I will pick up in a couple weeks. I know there are some makers that build holsters for this pistol but they are not the maker I choose to buy from. My maker does not have a blue gun for the Pitbull and no one offers a blue gun for this or any same frame model of Charter revolvers.

I have read here that the SP101 and S&W K frames are "close" enough but I want to know that for a fact. I have tried to find a holster for these at a gun shop that also has the Pitbull in stock. No luck. It will not, for a fact, fit J frame holsters and will not fit Taurus Judge holsters of plastic/kydex.

If I am going to spend $150 on custom leather I want it to fit properly.

Does anyone here own at least a Charter Bulldog .44spl or Pitbull revolver and also own one of the S&W K frame or Ruger SP101?

I would like a close up eyeball inspection side by side and maybe a holster fit attempt between these pistols.

If no one can help then I am going to try to make my own blue gun. . . . which means I need more help :blink:
[email protected]

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

·
Registered
392 Posts
Try a holster for a "D" frame Colt. My original size Bulldog fits in it well.

Reactions: Tally XD

·
Registered
2,031 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Try a holster for a "D" frame Colt. My original size Bulldog fits in it well.
Would you be willing to post a pic of the Bulldog in this holster?

·
Registered
722 Posts
Do you have a problem with SideGuard Holsters ?.....check them out they make great gun leather, family outfit, Im a three peet customer

·
Registered
2,031 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Do you have a problem with SideGuard Holsters ?.....check them out they make great gun leather, family outfit, Im a three peet customer
Never owned a Sideguard so far. I own three from the maker I have been using since about 2009.

·
Registered
392 Posts
I'm not very good at the whole picture thing. I barely figured how to put on an avatar. The gun/holster combo is well over 25 years old. If I HAD to carry a revolver, this would be the combo that I'd use even though I have "better" revolvers. Never a prob with my 3" Charter. Without looking through my "box 'o holsters" I can tell you that it is an old style Bianchi pancake with thumb break made for a 3" Detective Special. It's even left handed as am I.
I just happened to think �� - I also have a 70s vintage 4" Target Bulldog. As a gun it sucks. BUT it came with an Alessi iwb holster -lh- made for it (combo was bought used in 1978). Standard catalog IWB from them at that time and it's the same model currently offered with pull through snap. I've tried the 4" Charter in an Alessi OWB belt slide that I have for a K frame. No go. Way too loose especially in the thumb snap area. It works but not properly.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts