Defensive Carry banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
919 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thanks for viewing,

I need help/plans for a Winchester Pepperbox .36 black powder pistol. It was made in he 1970's.

I purchased it at a pawn shop and it functioned just fine. Then I took it home and decided to clean it up good. Naturally, being the gunsmith that I am (NOT), it now hangs the trigger in the rear position when you pull it.

All I did was take the barrel group off to clean and oil the mechanism. One lousy screw! Then unthreaded the barrels from the frame.

HELP!!!

·
Registered
959 Posts
Did you over tighten the barrel causing it to push the cylinder back? I have never worked on these guns but that's my first thought.

Post pics.

·
Premium Member
919 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Fausty...No did not tighten barrels to extreme. Still rotate freely. It's the trigger that's buggered.

But thanks for your input!!!

There's a spring in the center of the barrel cluster that one must take are not to lose when removing the barrels. I'm thinking that a ball bearing in front of this spring may have dropped on the ground as I removed this cluster, but can't know for sure until I have the plans or other confirmation.

·
Registered
15,177 Posts
It never fails TWANG what the heck was that....where the heck did it go

Reactions: msgt/ret

·
Premium Member
919 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
AH, HAH! Problem Solved!!!!

Went down on my hands and knees to find a screw I dropped (different project...anyone out there know anything about ice makers???) and I found a little length of steel rod under the workbench. Looked like it would go onto the end of the spring on the pepperbox. Placed same there and (TA DAAAAAAA) it now works as intended.

Thanks, all, for your thoughts.

·
Premium Member
13,765 Posts
AH, HAH! Problem Solved!!!!

(different project...anyone out there know anything about ice makers???)

Thanks, all, for your thoughts.
Sure I fill a plastic tray full of water place it in my freezer and Viola I have a tray full of ice the next day!!!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts