Defensive Carry banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Taurus 85 in stainless that I picked up for $100. It looks perfect, not a mark on it. I was just wondering if anyone knows were I can get some moon clips for this weapon. I have some speed loaders for it but I feel moon clips would be a better choice. While I am on this subject another questions I have is does the cylinder have to be machined to accept a moon clip. Thanks for any advice you can offer.

·
Registered
17,352 Posts
If it was setup to use moon clips then Taurus will have them .. if it wasn't originally setup for them Gemini customs can probley machine the cylinder for them and at that time you will have to buy the clips for them

·
Premium Member
25,483 Posts
If the gun is std - ie for regular ammo and speedloading - I have to be honest and doubt with the potential cost involved (guessing - maybe $100) is worth spending.

Moons do make for slick reloads and unloads but maybe wait and save and get a short barrel 25 or 625 and use .45acp.

·
Registered
742 Posts
Can't necessarly agree with reload capability with other than short rimless cartridges for moon clips.

I have talked to a couple of people who had .357s modified for full moon clips, that went back to speedloaders.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts