Defensive Carry banner

21 - 40 of 42 Posts

·
Super Moderator
18,262 Posts
I just saw the email I sent Henry is sitting in my Outbox with a bunch of others.
Nice time to be having problems with emails... I can't even send myself a test.

Anyway, Henry is working from home, but I imagine still keeping normal hours. Probably won't hear back from him until Monday now. I had to go to my server's webmail and reply from there.

I'm curious what he says about the finicky feeding, too.
I imagine either way it's going back. Hopefully I don't lose it for very long.
I have this mental picture of Henry working from home.

I'm hoping you'll get that .327 going before long. I was kinda hoping to hear a little report out of it.

·
Registered
16,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Thanks guys.
I'm anxious to get it running in top shape, too. I burned through nearly all my reloads yesterday messing with it. Almost a case of 100. I don't think it's ever taken me more than five shots to sight in a rifle where I was at least around the bull. Which is all I hope for with irons.
The action even smoothed up... when it wasn't jamming from a rogue round.

The only gun I had where the windage was this far off was my FAL. I contacted the guy I bought it from on GB and sent it back. He was also the builder. He fixed it and said the barrel timing was off. Is that possible for a lever action? I know nothing about fitting barrels to actions.

·
Registered
2,099 Posts
There location is the only thing I dislike about Henry.
Great gun, great service, great owner. Anthony Imperato is very hands on. he called me up personally when i had a problem once.
They have earned my business
And Remington still has core manufacturing in the communist state above them. They need to move to the United States.

·
Registered
16,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Oh, Henry!

With the factory sights back on it, I grabbed my shooting glasses that I wear for shooting pistol to see the sights better, and the target wasn't as fuzzy as I expected. A few years ago it would have been, or maybe because I was shooting at 50yds instead of 100, but this would work to tell me what I needed to know.
When I put the factory sights on I set them up similar to what I had done earlier. The front blade was drifted right and the rear dovetail was drifted left.
Took a shot and hit 4" to the right.
So I'm really hoping Henry doesn't say this is acceptable, because I'm wanting to use the peep I got for it and the rifle looked like heck with the sights set up to shoot straight. It would look like heck with the Henry sights drifted where they need to be.

I only got the one shot off because when I worked the lever these two parts came out :blink:
Obviously one is the extractor, but I'm not sure what that other doohickey is. Could these be the culprits on why it was so finicky feeding ammo? Me things so. Friday gun right here.

I also noticed the bolt didn't look right :aargh4:
I don't recall that part hanging down yesterday...

IMG_5218.JPG

IMG_5217.JPG

I know, I know... I must be hard on guns :wink:

·
Registered
33,987 Posts
It's going back. It's just a matter of when.
I'll reinstall the sights myself when I get it back.
You must have bought the one made right after they learned they were getting shut down.

Reactions: airslot and PAcanis

·
Premium Member
4,256 Posts
From the number of issues, I'd be pushing for a complete replacement of the gun. Let them use this one to train the QC Dept.

·
Premium Member
3,377 Posts
If it has all the issues that you have stated I would be very surprised if they didn’t replace.
If you are not satisfied with the outcome email Anthony Imperato directly.
He does read and answer them personally and gets involved with problem child

·
Registered
16,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
If it has all the issues that you have stated I would be very surprised if they didn’t replace.
If you are not satisfied with the outcome email Anthony Imperato directly.
He does read and answer them personally and gets involved with problem child

Maybe I can get him to defy Jersey law and drop one in the mail to me :wink:

·
Registered
353 Posts
My Single Seven would like to have the Henry 16.5” Carbine as a companion, but I’m not enamored with the big loop lever. Prefer the standard size.

7E972B95-0245-47A8-B1C0-7281D7E75AFD.jpeg

·
Registered
16,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
My Single Seven would like to have the Henry 16.5” Carbine as a companion, but I’m not enamored with the big loop lever. Prefer the standard size.

View attachment 326786

For actual usage I prefer a normal lever, too. But I just liked the looks of the big loop this time around, so got it.
If you keep your hand pulled into the back of the loop it operates just fine and isn't hard on your fingers at all.
Here are mine.
https://www.defensivecarry.com/forum/general-firearm-discussion/215543-anybody-get-anything-good-thats-firearm-related-today-317.html#post8010980

With a bullet test here.
https://www.defensivecarry.com/forum/reloading/473862-looking-reloading-info-2.html#post8004446

My single seven was shooting low, but very tight groups.
It might be my eyes and the way they are seeing... or not seeing... the sights.

·
Registered
16,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
I called Henry again and their operator sent notice again. I got two emails back. One from the original TS and one from someone else in customer relations
The return box is on the way and TS forwarded my pics to the warranty center, which FORTUNATELY is in WI and remains open!

I guess it would have been too easy to forward calls directly to WI, but the wheels are finally in motion anyway.

·
Registered
16,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
Henry's promised 3-5 day turnaround after the rifle got to WI was more like two weeks.
I tried emailing the person I had been communicating with on day 12 and also calling the WI plant and left a message in her voicemail. Crickets.
But, two days later they are shipping me back something. No idea if it's my repaired rifle or a new one, but I should find out later today.

Signature required of course and me with a doctor's appt at 1:00.

·
Premium Member
672 Posts
Sorry to hear of your issues, PAcanis. While I have no experience with Henry's products, their reputation says they should be very willing to make this right. Good luck with getting you shooter made right, sir.

·
Registered
16,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
Thanks, @NavCop

So.
Finally! It's home!

Nice 3-5 day turnaround Henry.
Especially since it came back with a handling mark on the right cheek of the stock.
Looks like I'll be getting an Uberti 1860 Henry after all.

So anyway.
They replaced the barrel, the bolt and the lever.
They also polished the feed ramp, adjusted the lockup and test fired.
And they didn't say it but I know they put a new forearm on it.

So we shall see.
If it shoots straight, doesn't jam, doesn't rattle and doesn't leave loose parts on the shooting bench... I guess it's good to go.

21 - 40 of 42 Posts