Defensive Carry banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First off thanks to everyone who helped me on my other post, still havent decided on pocket lcp holster yet but now have a starting point. Anyway, I wore my full size kimber in my supertuck and the grip rubbed my side. I hear a lot of talk about under armour but not sure what to get. I see the silky elastic looking stuff or do I get a t-shirt? I guess I need something that alllows your body to breathe but still protects. Thanks again. Oh, got my crossbreed belt today...love it so far.

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
I usually just wear a wife beater...works well for me

·
Registered
5,327 Posts
Regular cotton, undershirt will do fine...If you can afford Under Armour, go for it.

·
Super Moderator
19,008 Posts
Underarmor or similar works well to avoid chafing. Depending on your body /holster combo a cotton t may work just as well. 5.11 makes similar shirts or you can find even less expensive (off brand) shirts at walmart.
Personally I like 5.11 if I use a breathable shirt.

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
I prefer a tighter, stretchy shirt because there is no bunching or excess cloth to interfere with a draw. They typically are also long enough to not pull out of the belt easily.

·
Registered
713 Posts
Under Armour is GREAT! I wear nothing else against my skin. Yes thats right! Underwear, shirts, socks, pants (only in the winter). I use a heat gear shirt (the one that fits tight) and a regular t-shirt over top. With my Under Armour tucked in, my IWB sits against it and not my skin. My T-shirt covers both and it works just great.

The Heat gear is designed to keep you cool, so wearing two layers, even in the summer, will work just fine. In the winter, guess what? I wear the Cold Gear just the same.

The reason I love Under Armour is because of my background. I actually helped the company test their products in extream cold and heat when the company was new. They gave us for example: a pair of UA long johns known as Cold Gear to test in the mountains of Bridgeport, CA. (P.S. I was in the Marines) We got to keep the items they gave us in exchange for info on how their products work. I loved them from day one. Probably because it was 200% better than anything the Marine Corps could give us.

If you can afford the Under Armour, get it. It lasts forever, it works better than anything on the market, and its just pure and simple style.

·
Registered
3,616 Posts
I have had UA loose gear and it's great. I now wear Target's C9 shirts, same performance for $9.99.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts