Defensive Carry banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First, thank you for adding me to this site. My business partner and I are looking to open a gun store and shooting range in SC. Looking to invest between $250k and $300k. Would really appreciate any insight, help and tips.
Thanks.

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
Can't offer any help, but wish you well in your venture.

·
Registered
3,472 Posts
Best of luck.

Make sure you visit and use your 3 to 5 closest future competitors and visit a few times each. Look at the after work crowd time, the mid weekend times, and week day both mid day and just prior to closing. This will give you a base representation of the real need for another range and also give you some insight on what the charges are for the range and the base level inventories that their holding.

$250K to $300K can vaporize real quick with guns and range expenses.

Reactions: Ianthin

·
Premium Member
5,957 Posts
An indoor range will likely cost exponentially more than an outdoor one when you consider modern target systems, HVAC, lighting, backstop maintenance, etc. And that's before you get into a building and inventory. My indoor LGR that I use was built ~15 years ago at a cost of ~$5M IIRC. 12 25yd pistol lanes and 5 100yd rifle lanes. Bought an old roller rink and expanded from there.

·
Registered
887 Posts
Not sure what part of SC you are thinking of opening an indoor range. Location would be important. Have to consider if in a largely rural area most people are shooting on their own land. I live in a rural part of NC and don't know of anyone out here making use of an indoor range. Perhaps if in one of the larger cities it may be fine. As others have already stated your money could be spent quickly and not even get you to the point of accomplishing your goals of business. Hope it all works out for you, wish you well.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts