Defensive Carry banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm interested in a S&W 686 Plus (7 shot) revolver. In my research I have come accross some variants that I'm hoping one of you all can explain.

1) Std version (I get this one)
1) Talo version
2) Deluxe version (Std with wood grips?)
3) Dintinguished Combat Magnum version

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,954 Posts
As far as I know the 686P is the only 7 round version of the 686 series.
The 686 and 686SSR are both 6 round firearms.
I own(and love) the 686P, 3 inch barrel, tack driver.
Somewhat heavy at 36.8 oz. unloaded, but after she's been in the holster for 10 minutes I don't find it any more noticable that any other handgun.
Lucille(I've named my girls to avoid confusion) and I have been visiting the range weekly for the last month and we've been getting along quite well. The best group so far was 4 shots in a .75 inch grouping, shooting at a 1 inch dot sticker from 21 feet.
She's nestled against my hip right now, and become my favorite carry gun.
Get one, you'll love yours too:smile:

·
Registered
3,306 Posts
686 grip size

Does anyone know if the 686 plus with the 2.5" barrel will fit someone with small hands?
I'd say that this gun will fit someone with small hands if you use the right grips. The 686 (or 686 plus) will accept K and L frame S&W round butt grips, and these vary in size depending on maker and design. The smallest grips I have used on my 686 with 2.5 inch barrel are the Badger corian grips shown below. The finger grooves allow your hand to wrap around the grip very well, even with small hands.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Does anyone know if the 686 plus with the 2.5" barrel will fit someone with small hands?
Hey, thanks for hijacking my thread. :nono:

One more time....

Can anyone elaborate on what is the difference between the Standard, Talo, Deluxe, and Distinguished Combat Magnum versions of the 686 are?

Thanks in advance for your "related" response.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts