Defensive Carry banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wife wants to get me an iwb holster for my sig 229 for father's day, cool!

I need some options for a "nice" one, thing is I will be leaving town first week in July for a short job so, I want one that I won't have to wait 6 weeks or more for.

Comfort is a priority, tuckability is not. What would you recommend.

Budget max is $80. .. before shipping. Would love a maxconv, but think the wait might be too long.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Edit to remove all caps (shouting!! :wink: ) and space out into paras! - Chris

·
Registered
23 Posts
Shop around for a Galco Royal Guard. I have one that I use to carry my 229R DAK when I'm off duty. I find it to be very comfortable and a very sturdy holster.

·
Registered
17,352 Posts
Loose the Caps its considered yelling and makes posts very hard to read

Desantis can probley have ya a holster in 2days -2weeks

·
Registered
6 Posts
I would recommend K&D cochise defender for your p229, but with your time limit, you will probably end up with a rig that fits multiple gun versions and really does not give the "custom fit"

·
Registered
729 Posts
Check out Mitch Rosens Express Line. They keep them in stock and prices run from $85 to $75!! Good products! Gunners Alley, Brownells and Dillon Precision stock them.

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
Try Andrews Custom Leather. He probably has a McDaniel II in stock for that pistol. Price point is right and it's a great IWB with fully adjustable rake.

Eric

·
Registered
1,950 Posts
NFEDERIC said:
WIFE WANTS TO GET ME AN IWB HOLSTER FOR MY SIG 229 FOR FATHER'S DAY, COOL! I NEED SOME OPTIONS FOR A "NICE" ONE, THING IS I WILL BE LEAVING TOWN FIRST WEEK IN JULY FOR A SHORT JOB SO, I WANT ONE THAT I WON'T HAVE TO WAIT 6 WEEKS OR MORE FOR. COMFORT IS A PRIORITY, TUCKABILITY IS NOT. WHAT WOULD YOU RECOMMEND. BUDGET MAX IS $80. BEFORE SHIPPING. WOULD LOVE A MAXCONV, BUT THINK THE WAIT MIGHT BE TOO LONG.
THANKS.:wave:
Actually Gary has the MaxCon V Service Grade with a two week wait. Check out the thread here:

http://www.combatcarry.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=9430

·
Registered
3,085 Posts
Give Gary B. a call and see if he can set you up with a Service Grade MCV, easily the best money I've ever spent on gun leather PERIOD! Heck, buy a cheap holster to get you through if ya' gotta' but keep that MCV as an option. Yes, they're just THAT good! :biggrin:
Jack

·
Registered
6,011 Posts
I agree with the Andrews McDaniel II. Sam is an old friend of mine. He's kinda pricey though. If time is crucial that rules out a Blade Tech IWB which for me is about the most comfortable IWB there is. My next choice would be a Milt Sparks.

How do you like your P229? That is quite possibly my next purchase this summer. I want mine in the SAS with the DAK trigger.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks for all the great options! I didn't realize the service grades by Gary had a shorter wait time, I'll be giving him a call this upcoming week to see what his availability is on a couple of my pistols.

·
Registered
3,085 Posts
The SAS is the one with the melt and dehorn job, right? Presonally, if I were going to get a Sig it'd be the 229 (unless I could find an affordable Sig 1911 or a 220 SA).
Jack

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Correct. The SAS also costs quite a bit more than a standard Sig. But, if I had the money I would want one. Just saw the new 220 Carry at my local gun shop. Now thats a nice Sig! Commander sized frame looks really good.

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
I carry mine in a Wild Bills No Such Agency. It is the most comfortable, hideable piece of leather I own. But they are made to order. Only 60 bucks for real comfort.

·
Registered
606 Posts
Believe it or not the most comfortable iwb holster ive found for my 229 is an inexpensive uncle mikes run of the mill style with the velcro retension strap. You can get these almost anywhere. I like it because it holds the gun low on your side but still easy to grip, making it easier to conceal. I dont like holsters that ride high up. I dont like things rubbing my ribs when I sit down. By the way its the size 15. They're like 15 bucks too.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I have been using a Gunmate iwb as a temp holster until i get my nice one. The Gunmate is comfortable for a while but, it alows to much movement of the gun on my waist. I am always having to readjust it. I decided to go with a holster made by Rhome & Vicenta. Rhome is a member of this forum and he contacted me and is now making and sending me one of his holsters. He was very helpfull on the phone and he does quick work. Once i receive the holster and wear it for a couple of days I will give a report on how i like it as well as some pics. I can't wait to try it out!

·
Registered
2,488 Posts
I have several of Rhome's holsters, not just because he is a friend, but because they are first rate and work! You won't be disappointed. If you don't like it , I'll eat it...O.K. maybe not, but I doubt you will not love it.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I was extremely excited after I got off the phone with Rhome, he had a product that I wanted at a great price and, even said that he would send it too me before I paid so that I could try it to make sure I liked it first. Talk about customer service! I'm positive he and I will be doing much more business.
Nick.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts