Defensive Carry banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for a good double mag pouch for my Kahr P40 mags, I have a Comp Tac CTAC holster and love it. I need something that fits fairly close to the waistband for concealment (I'm a thin guy) Any advice????

·
Registered
218 Posts
Gary Brommeland makes great leather gear, and I love his mag pouch design. It is canted baseplate forward for easy access while seated or crouching behind cover, great idea and very comfortable to boot.
brommelandgunleather.com

·
Registered
195 Posts
Napa Nick said:
Gary Brommeland makes great leather gear, and I love his mag pouch design. It is canted baseplate forward for easy access while seated or crouching behind cover, great idea and very comfortable to boot.
brommelandgunleather.com
+1 I have a single mag pouch for my 1911 from Gary. It is amazingly comfortable and easy to draw from.

I am not a thin guy but it holds very close to my side.

·
Banned
270 Posts
I have a Brommeland mag/lite combo and it uses a center loop to pull the unit in tighter than any I have seen. I would bet he uses the same center loop on his double mag pouches.

I'd go with Gary's gear first on this one for sure. The unit it larger than most, but conceals better than others.

·
Registered
574 Posts
If you can try someone else's before you buy, do so. As a big guy, I like to use products that have some material between the magazine and my body. I use an Uncle Mike's mag carrier. It has velcro flaps, and so there is some cushion between the mag and me. This keeps the mags from trying to take a chunk out of my side.

I've seen some that are made of leather, that would likely work too. Just be sure what you get works for you.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts