Defensive Carry banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I purchased a Ruger sp101 a few weeks ago. Been busy getting holsters sights, grips, but haven't had it out to shoot yet, I've honestly not had time. Last night I was getting ready to drift the front sight pin out to replace the stock sight with a Meprolight when I noticed that the barrel looked like it is misaligned. If you look at the muzzle it looks like the barrel is turned too far clockwise by maybe 1 degree, you really have to be looking for it to catch it. My question is, is this normal, has anyone else had this on a revolver. I took some hard rubber I had and wrapped the barrel and tried to turn it back with some channel locks, I was very careful and didn't force anything, just enough to confirm that the barrel is definitely tight. Like I said it is probably only off by a couple thousandths. Would you return it? Is this normal? Maybe I'm nitpicking. Just looking for advice. Thanks

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks, that was my gut feeling too. I probably need to take the Mep back off and put the stock sight back on so they don't try to say I done it, which there is no way I could have by lightly tapping the pin with the gun properly supported, but better safe than sorry. Thanks for the input guys.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks Bud. I thought that I need to shoot it first in the beginning but the more I look at it and think about it I just can't live with it.. You can actually see the front sight ever so slightly out of line with the notch and sight channel in the frame. I called Ruger and the owner of the store I purchased it at. He is going to send it back for me on Monday. They said I should have it back it 3 to 4 weeks. Thanks for the input though.:smile:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.