Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need another gun! This one will be specifically for carry while cycling. It needs to fit in a pocket that measures 4x6, though the pocket is made of expandable material (cycling jersey)

I had myself sold on a Kel Tec P3 AT, went to the local shop to order it, and found out that the wonderful people of California do not allow this pistol! I feel so safe here with all these gun regulations. So, that is out, as are the NAA Gaurdian models for the same reason.

What other options do I have without going down in caliber??? I can go down in caliber if necessary, anything is better than nothing. J frames are too big, Kahr PM's are still a bit large, though may be an option, and come in .40 S&W:image035: Weight is also a bit of a concern.... any advice???????

·
Registered
5,142 Posts
Move out of California?

·
Premium Member
25,483 Posts
I'd love to know why the P3AT is not allowed - sheesh - that sucks. ''Too concealable'' - perhaps?

What else tho? - well, I guess tho very ''mouse gun'' - an NAA in 22 mag - that'd sure fit the pocket. Mine lives in shirt top pocket as a BUG daily!

I'd suggest an R9 but that would probably break the bank! If in fact even that was allowed!

Right now am stumped, as P3AT would probably be everyone's thought. So is P32 out too? That is still a viable option otherwise. Beyond that well - Colt Mustang, some small .25 even. Shucks - do you ever have headaches!!

·
Registered
563 Posts
Smith & Wesson makes a little revolver, titanium frame. I can't remember the model # or name. 5 rounds I think. It is small and very light weight.

·
Registered
563 Posts

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
Just my .02; in my past life I biked. I don't think anything with a cylinder will be too comfortable unless its the NAA mini revolver in .22 mag as previously mentioned. In fact, that would be a very good choice. If the Kel-Tec line it out, you almost have to work backwards into some .32. Taurus and Berretta both make some very small .32 autos but they're just about as bulky in width as a J frame revolver. An NAA guardian in .380 will be small but it's chunky and heavy. If I knew of a good derringer in 9mm that wasn't too heavy or wide that would be something to be considered but I don't know of one.

It's too bad about the Kel-Tec's because the PF-9 they're coming out with this spring might be perfect for this application. I also own a Bersa Thunder which although it's an excellent weapon for the money, if the PM9 won't fit, the Bersa certainly won't either!

I'd take a hard look at the NAA mini-revolver in .22 mag.

God Bless

Gideon

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
P95Carry said:
I'd love to know why the P3AT is not allowed - sheesh - that sucks. ''Too concealable'' - perhaps?

What else tho? - well, I guess tho very ''mouse gun'' - an NAA in 22 mag - that'd sure fit the pocket. Mine lives in shirt top pocket as a BUG daily!

I'd suggest an R9 but that would probably break the bank! If in fact even that was allowed!

Right now am stumped, as P3AT would probably be everyone's thought. So is P32 out too? That is still a viable option otherwise. Beyond that well - Colt Mustang, some small .25 even. Shucks - do you ever have headaches!!

I'm told the reason the P3AT is not allowed is because it failed the drop test over and over again. None of the Kel Tec models are allowed in California. Thanks to these fine gun laws, California is a very safe place with almost no crime. Yeah right!!!

I'm now leaning towards the Kahr PM40, I'm really happy with my
P40, just need something smaller for cycling.

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
I'd be interested to find out what the P3AT did to fail the "drop test". I cant imagine that one of the little J frames would be too large to fit in your pocket. Seems that one of the Ti modles would ride nicely in there cuz of the 12oz weight. Nothing personal, but I feel sorry for anyone that has to live in Kalifornia. -----

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well, I guess if it failed the test that means that the gun discharged when dropped, I think that's what the test is all about.

Why does everyone spell California with a K?

·
Registered
357 Posts
Otis said:
Why does everyone spell California with a K?
'kause. :smile:

It's a dig at Euro-English and Totalitarianism, as in People's Republic of Kalifornia, since the state seems to know what's 'best' for its citizens and outlaws other choices.

SSKC

·
Registered
750 Posts
During the '60's, the leftist showed their disrespect by spelling "America" as "Amerika."

This is our "turn-about."

mm

·
Registered
2,351 Posts
PatrioticRick said:
Move out of California?
I did !...
get one of these...used of course... Colt Mustang .380 or NAA mini-revolver in .22 mag.

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
When in central Kalifornia I made several trips to Oregon,hunting. The bumpersticker in those days was,"DON'T CALIFORNICATE OREGON". -- When out and about on your bike(off your property,possibly miles from home)don't settle for anything less than a .38Spec. or a 9mm. If your contimplating anything less than that......get bigger pockets! -------

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
I'd go with the Kahr. I like the PM9 alot. I also like the S&W 637. It's 15oz an chambered for .38+P. I want to get the 637 to carry when anything else won't work.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I too like to ride in Florida. I use a fanny pack backside. The name escapes me at the moment. It has a holster inside that secures the weapon and is easily drawn. I also can carry other things I need for the ride in the pack. I've used it for years.
I started with a KelTec P40 but eventually moved to a Kahr PM9. Works great for me on long rides.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts