Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I did a search, and couldn't find anyone questions like this, so here it goes:

I've got a G36 with 10% stiffer mag springs, and finger extensions. I just got a G29 (My first gen 4). I knew I was either going to get a +2 (or +1 maybe... not sure) finger extension, or get a couple G20 mags and some magazine sleeves. Anybody know which is more reliable/concealable? I haven't had much trouble with them on my 36, but I have no option for going to the bigger mags with that, so I don't really have a choice. TIA

·
Banned
3,284 Posts
G36 mags are pretty much it for the G36. As far as the G20/29 goes.....stick with factory mags is my best suggestion. Forget the large frame mags and adapters for carry IMO. Anytime there is BS involved......you're not concentrating on your own survival.

·
Registered
4,469 Posts
I have a G27 and I just stick with the factory stock stuff. 9+1 mags.

·
Registered
11,230 Posts
I have GAP floor plates on my G26 mags. They give a better grip without more length.

If I use G19 mags in it, I do so without any sleeves. Those things can potentially come loose, which would prevent the mag from seating properly. It is a failure point that is just not needed. They also - duh - prevent the mag from being used in a G19. No thanks.

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
I just put Pearce XL extention on my 26..helps the grip but does not alter how it conceals. It is not a + anything extension just a more comfortable way to grip the weapon,.

glockextend.jpg

·
Registered
586 Posts
I have GAP floor plates on my G26 mags. They give a better grip without more length.

If I use G19 mags in it, I do so without any sleeves. Those things can potentially come loose, which would prevent the mag from seating properly. It is a failure point that is just not needed. They also - duh - prevent the mag from being used in a G19. No thanks.
Great idea.

·
Premium Member
7,276 Posts

^^^this^^^

No offense to the OP (or anyone else who does it) but I see no reason to add to the grip length to the 26. If you add any length to it you might as well carry the 19 and get the benefits of the extra capacity and longer barrel. The greatest benefit, IMO, of the 26 is the small size; making it bigger just isn't something I'd consider doing.

The GAP floorplates are a nice addition without making the grip any longer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,355 Posts
I have Pearce +0 magazine bases on subcompact models like Glock 27.
Using the Pearce base doesn't hinder concealment with either appendix IWB or Smartcarry (for me).
I will not (would not) use any magazine bases that add capacity since the force of the recoil spring will be decreased.

·
Registered
534 Posts
dben002...perfect. Thanks. Soon as I am able, I will be buying a G26. I shot one with the smaller Pearce extension (PG-26) and I was able to just get all 3 fingers on the grip. The XL version might be a nicer fit.

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
dben002...perfect. Thanks. Soon as I am able, I will be buying a G26. I shot one with the smaller Pearce extension (PG-26) and I was able to just get all 3 fingers on the grip. The XL version might be a nicer fit.
I got the XL due to the fact that it has the finger grooves to match the Glock...the regular pearce is slick...no groovs..but of course I covered up the other finger ports with Talon grips...

grip4.jpg

·
Premium Member
5,611 Posts
Pearce grip extensions are the way to go IMO. I use them on several of my guns and they work great. My ruger SR40C wears them. One thing I did do to them is stipple them. The extensions are smooth, so I took a heat gun to them and gave them a golf ball like surface, excellent grip with no discomfort.

·
Registered
2,058 Posts
My Glock 26 with the Pearce +0 extension sitting on top of my Glock 19:

The difference in the grips doesn't look like much but the 26 is definitely easier to conceal under an untucked polo shirt in the summer. In the winter, under a sweatshirt, the 19 conceals just fine.

That said, I shoot the 26 better than any other carry handgun I own. Especially double taps. For some reason that little gun is a near perfect match for my hands and arms with that Pearce extension on it.

I shoot the stock, except for TFO sights, 19 second best, the 17 a very distant 4th best (the box stock Glock 30 is in 3rd place). In fact, I'm seriously trading my 17 in on a new Gen 3 19 that will match my existing one.

I like the compact and subcompact Glocks. My hands aren't big enough to be a good fit on the full size models, at least the Gen 3 full size models.

Fitch

·
Registered
3,579 Posts
^^^this^^^

No offense to the OP (or anyone else who does it) but I see no reason to add to the grip length to the 26. If you add any length to it you might as well carry the 19 and get the benefits of the extra capacity and longer barrel. The greatest benefit, IMO, of the 26 is the small size; making it bigger just isn't something I'd consider doing.

The GAP floorplates are a nice addition without making the grip any longer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
IMO the extension is on the front end of the grip and will not print the same way a G19 does because the extra length of the grip on the G19 is on the backside of the grip as well.

·
Premium Member
7,276 Posts
IMO the extension is on the front end of the grip and will not print the same way a G19 does because the extra length of the grip on the G19 is on the backside of the grip as well.
That may be true, however it doesn't conceal as well as a 26 just left alone either. Any lengthening of the grip is going to take some of the compactness away, and that's sort what I was getting at. After shooting the 26 as-is, I don't really feel like I'm missing anything not getting my pinkie finger on the grip. It certainly doesn't affect my accuracy or follow up shot speed, so (for me personally) I just don't see any upside to extending the grip.

·
Registered
3,579 Posts
That may be true, however it doesn't conceal as well as a 26 just left alone either. Any lengthening of the grip is going to take some of the compactness away, and that's sort what I was getting at. After shooting the 26 as-is, I don't really feel like I'm missing anything not getting my pinkie finger on the grip. It certainly doesn't affect my accuracy or follow up shot speed, so (for me personally) I just don't see any upside to extending the grip.
Agree with you completely on that one. I bought the 12 round mag for mine but I feel I shoot it with the standard mag as good if not better than I do with the extended mag but 2 of my sons feel they shoot better with the extended mag.

·
Premium Member
5,007 Posts
I carry mine with the magazine it came with and if I carry extra mags they are from my G17.

I can shoot mine equally well with the standard mag or the extended mags.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts