1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
6,692 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Super Moderator
16,095 Posts
From all the previous charges it appears gelin considers himself above the law, hopefully after the next election his position will be in the unemployment line.

·
Banned
2,103 Posts
Over the last several decades I have come to sadly accept the lack of decorum some politicians display, and that goes for government at all levels. But I must say that watching the video I was nearly stunned as one of the worst examples, if not THE worst, was payed out. It was despicable by virtue of its being worthy of contempt. The man is a scumbag sure as can be.

·
Registered
3,258 Posts
Too bad the officer didn't come back in that trash's face and call him for what he is. I would have loved to see that.

Reactions: OldChap and Sister

·
Registered
4,493 Posts
Bless his heart Karma is gonna have a good time with him. all kinds of bad things will happen to him for being mean, bet he gets into a wreck and dies and goes to hades where he is tortured and maimed for thousands of years, something bad always happens to mean people in due time that is how Karma works! :yup:

🎶...What a friend we have in Karma, all our fears are washed away.... 🎵

·
Premium Member
3,270 Posts
Bless his heart Karma is gonna have a good time with him. all kinds of bad things will happen to him for being mean, bet he gets into a wreck and dies and goes to hades where he is tortured and maimed for thousands of years, something bad always happens to mean people in due time that is how Karma works! :yup:

🎶...What a friend we have in Karma, all our fears are washed away.... 🎵
Sister, I never want to get on your bad side.

·
Registered
4,493 Posts
Sister, I never want to get on your bad side.
Brother Cowboy it ain’t me you need to be in fear of, Karma is just one of many names for my Daddy 😉

·
Registered
8,017 Posts
I feel bad for that cop, but I actually like it when liberal dirtbags are more honest than they should be and show themselves off for the idiots they are. My hope is that every incident like this helps tip the scales back to center. If it doesn't. then America is already lost and at least we know where we stand.

·
Registered
5,633 Posts
Wrong place and time for Gelin to bring up the bad arrest from years prior. He is in a seat of authority with ample resources to highlight police unwillingness to be video recorded in a professional manner.

Commissioner Gelin being wrong doesn't make Deputy Gallardo right.

·
Registered
33,874 Posts
He should remember, cops have long memories.

·
Registered
6,692 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Wrong place and time for Gelin to bring up the bad arrest from years prior. He is in a seat of authority with ample resources to highlight police unwillingness to be video recorded in a professional manner.

Commissioner Gelin being wrong doesn't make Deputy Gallardo right.
No, but it sure makes the criminal politician wrong. It also makes the voters who elected him look stupid.

Besides, the issue isn't recording. The issue is trespassing on a crime scene, possibly destroying evidence, interfering with an investigation, and refusing a lawful order to move. What would you have done?

·
Premium Member
4,553 Posts
No, but it sure makes the criminal politician wrong. It also makes the voters who elected him look stupid.

Besides, the issue isn't recording. The issue is trespassing on a crime scene, possibly destroying evidence, interfering with an investigation, and refusing a lawful order to move. What would you have done?
I would have done the same thing. I remember once long ago when the assistant chief of police of my town committed a wrongful taking of private property (not my property). I confronted him and called the department. Later, my dad insisted I go to the department and apologize, which I did, under protest. During the apology, the assistant chief told me how I hated all police officers. I told him I had nothing against anyone but him. I was later privately applauded by several officers, and thanked for standing up for what I thought was right. The private property was returned to the rightful owner.

I once witnessed a driver committing several traffic offences, driving on the wrong side, turning left on several red lights (on the wrong side), and cutting of traffic. I reported him and was told to let it go (different town). He was the chief of police's son. It's OK for them, not for us. Double standards does not cut it for me.

·
Registered
5,633 Posts
That is the word I opened with to describe the commissioner (Gelin). Redundant.

These are a restatement of the accusation against officer Gallardo. So with no investigation, both sides are equally valid; or invalid. Again, redundancy isn't moving the conversation.

·
Registered
6,692 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
At the risk of ruffling feathers, I give the benefit of the doubt to officers as a matter of course. Talk is cheap. People who put their lives on the line every day command a certain respect from me. Others may not see it that way, which is fine. It's their choice. But please note the story only contained one version of the issue. The officer was a better man and chose not to respond - and rightfully so.

On the other hand, I don't tolerate ANY misconduct from officers. They took an oath and I firmly believe it must be taken so seriously that their reputation and job depends on it. In my classes (mandatory in my department) on police ethics, I frequently asked officers if they had ever been offered a free cup of coffee while in uniform. Then I asked how many actually accepted it. (Without raising hands) I followed that by asking them what the officers think the people they served in their community thought of an officer who accepted freebies that were not offered to the citizens.

A trivial matter? Yes, but indicative of a mindset that says, "I will never purposefully do wrong, I will never take advantage of my position, and if I make a mistake I will do my best to make it right." And that was just the introduction. Is this officer like that? I have no way of knowing...but then none of us do. He gets the benefit of the doubt from me until the evidence says otherwise.

Are there officers who do bad things? Of course. But for every one that does, there are thousands who do not and they serve in a difficult, dangerous, and mostly thankless job day in and day out. That they have to endure public humiliation, such as in this case, is absolutely unforgivable. My opinion anyway.

·
Registered
3,258 Posts
He should have tuned him up when he had him in custody. :wink:
There are few things I like worse than a bad cop. They are lower than common criminals for the simple reason that they enjoy qualified immunity and have no compunction to abuse their authority, which they get from us. However I have only run into one of them in my life and I won that encounter. All other cops I have encountered have not only been true professionals but quite friendly and very appreciative of chatting with us locals.

Judging by the trash's previous record, I would wager an easy $1,000 that this cop in question was anything but a bad cop.

·
Registered
339 Posts
This just reinforces the fact that I am glad that I am RETIRED and have no intentions of ever being involved in L.E. again. It was a great job....but O'Bozo was successful in driving a huge wedge between officers and the public!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts