Defensive Carry banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
(I started to title this "accidental discharge", but I think "negligent" fits better...)

BLOOMINGTON - Two men have been injured in what officials say was an accidental shooting at a central Illinois gun show.

McLean County Sheriff Mike Emery says an attendee at the ECA Gun and Knife Show was laying a semi-automatic rifle on a vendor table Saturday when the gun went off.

See the rest of this story here
:scruntiny:

·
Premium Member
744 Posts
Even if the gun was loaded the weapon should of been checked/cleared before handed it off or picking it up from the table, thats just the basic gun safety page one. Something to think about at the next gun show :gah: now

·
Registered
5,314 Posts

·
Registered
260 Posts
I hope the victims recover.
Question: The show continued shortly after the incident? Wouldn't one think that there would be a shutdown? It wasn't just a ND, two people were injured. Seems someone was very careless.
A little more info. Two injured in accidental shooting at Bloomington gun show
And now more fodder for the already ingnorantly paranoid anti's.
Serves as a reminder to all of us. Please practice safe gun handliing EVERY SINGLE TIME.

·
Registered
260 Posts

·
Super Moderator
16,151 Posts
I don’t know about other states but here in NC all guns are zip tied through the actions and if a dealer removes it to cycle the action it is immediately zip tied before returning it to the table. I do wonder if some brainless idiot slipped a round into the rifle as a sick joke.

·
Banned
10,182 Posts
No one was selling some clot and israeli bandages ? I mean seriously, I'm surprised someone didn't grab some.

Sucks when something like that happens, because is should never happen. Hope those injured survive and do OK.

·
Registered
15,177 Posts
Somebody had a thread where they were asking about why you can't carry loaded guns into a gun show,right there is a perfect example.The gun shows I go to require all guns be unloaded and zip tied

·
Registered
7,586 Posts
How it made it into he show without being check and a ziptie through the action/chamber is the big question here. Maybe they don't have that rule in Ill.
My thoughts: IL has demonized guns for so long, and left a lot of people ignorant of gun rules....

1 - 13 of 13 Posts