Defensive Carry banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
8,891 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am not sure whether I find this story ironic, pathetic, heartwarming, or all of the above. I mean this is the woman who recently told the residents and business owners of Seattle, "You're on your own," - that the police will not risk their safety to protect property. I realize she has been hamstrung by the city, but I think there are times when you have to cowboy up and take a stand.

·
Premium Member
2,010 Posts
Not sure how I feel about this, mixed I guess. Good to see some Seattle folks stand up to the rioters, not sure the efforts were for the right person.

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
Not sure I would protect a spineless Police Chief....Karma is a biotch !! These idiots NEED to feel the wrath of what they endorse !!!

·
Premium Member
5,236 Posts
I'm glad the citizens stood up in this case. She's being ordered by the Mayor and City Council, if she defies them she'll be fired...her replacement might be a lot worse.

At least she warned the residents they were on their own and brought attention to the rel problem. Hopefully the citizens will start pushing back.

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Not sure how I feel about this, mixed I guess. Good to see some Seattle folks stand up to the rioters, not sure the efforts were for the right person.
That is very understandable. My response is that either we all have civil rights or none of us has civil rights, either we all are secure in our homes and communities or none of us are secure. We have to be ready to stand up for what is right, regardless of who is involved in a particular situation.

No one deserves to be targeted in their homes for harassment, intimidation, or violence.

I find it difficult to believe that large groups of people can openly engage in orchestrated acts of terrorism without government resources being capable of identifying the people, establishing the chain of command and funding sources, and building strong criminal cases against those involved. I can only hope that law enforcement efforts to this point have been geared toward intelligence gathering as a proactive measure. It would certainly be gratifying to see some high-level arrests and prosecutions result, but sometimes we have to let the little fish keep swimming while we concentrate on the bigger fish.

·
Registered
7,635 Posts
Tough call, but my neighbors and I stand ready to defend all our neighbors. As @retired badge 1 says, we're either all secure or no one is secure. Frankly, as contemptible as leaders who knuckle under to the communists are, the white trash wearing black, carrying black lives matter signs, and screaming obscenities is more contemptible.

The only thing I don't understand about these idjits is why they don't paint their faces black.

·
Registered
971 Posts
If I remember correctly she was never in favor of her department standing down, and issued the warning based on the actions of the ELECTED politicians. Her statements were highlighting the fact that giving up Precincts led to intolerable response times and she was being shackled by the local government.
I'd say the only thing the neighbors could have done better would be to surround the protesters and keep them from leaving until the Sheriff got there!

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
That is very understandable. My response is that either we all have civil rights or none of us has civil rights, either we all are secure in our homes and communities or none of us are secure. We have to be ready to stand up for what is right, regardless of who is involved in a particular situation.

No one deserves to be targeted in their homes for harassment, intimidation, or violence.
Perfectly stated. 👍

·
Registered
8,891 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The only thing I don't understand about these idjits is why they don't paint their faces black.
Well, see that would either be misconstrued as racist (as in the comedians who used to paint their faces black) or "cultural appropriation." We can't have either of those things, can we?

·
Registered
461 Posts
As a former Pac NW resident, one of the things I find interesting in this article is that the 200 +/- scumbags, actually travelled a ways to get to the SPD Chief's home. It appears that she lives in Snohomish County, the county north of King County where Seattle is located.

So the group actually had to travel some distance to do this... interesting to note for all of us that don't live inside Urban Rat Holes, these thugs are travelling out of their "comfort" zones.

It is good to see that they were met with resistance! It can happen anywhere and anytime, be prepared.

·
Premium Member
257 Posts
This could, in the end, have a very positive outcome. If the Chief sees that the residents will have her back, maybe she will in turn do the same. Or maybe she blow this off and say "suckers" and throw them to the wolves when the time comes. Either way, good job on the residents for standing up.

·
Registered
8,098 Posts
The police chief there is appointed by city council. She didnt become the chief by not having liberal views at least somewhat similar to theirs. Whats good for the goose....

Reactions: OldChap and NavCop

·
Premium Member
2,010 Posts
Sounds like she's figured it out, but stuck because she was appointed as a liberal - time to show if you have morals or just ambitions.

·
Registered
4,260 Posts
Kudos to the neighbors who stepped up to do what is right.

In addition to being hamstrung by orders to stand down, and if I remember correctly, the current Seattle Police Chief was selected specifically to address federal intervention (under Obama) due to charges of systemic police brutality. The Seattle council went out of their way to prove how "woke" they are.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts