Defensive Carry banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
5,855 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been waiting since before Christmas and they finally got here. Thanks James, beautiful work again as usual. Well worth the wait.

I got an EMP 40 for Christmas and ordered a Stealth for it. Then a couple weeks later I ordered Defender. And then last month I decided I needed mag pouches! Anyway, they all got here today and with the looks and quality.

Here's the Stealth:

Handgun holster Gun accessory Starting pistol

And here's the Defender. I like the mahogany reinforcement with the grips on the EMP, looks real good together.

Handgun holster Gun accessory Leather Revolver Starting pistol

And with the mag pouch:

Handgun holster Gun accessory Leather

Thanks again James.

·
Premium Member
8,408 Posts
As always, James does beautiful work. Very well made holsters, etc. that last a very, very long time.

Reactions: CWOUSCG

·
Banned
2,569 Posts
That Defender looks sweet, definitely not a holster you see every day. That thing has class, just like that fine pistol being held by it.

·
Registered
5,855 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That Defender looks sweet, definitely not a holster you see every day. That thing has class, just like that fine pistol being held by it.
Thank you, I like them both too. Looking forward to finally being able to carry the EMP on a regular basis. I have an Alien Gear for it but I really am not all that about kydex.

·
Registered
5,855 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Beautiful. My Nelson holster and mag pouch just arrived today as well. Very nice craftsmanship! That Stealth is in my future too.

Defender

Nice! What are you carrying in it?

Go Cats!

·
Banned
2,569 Posts
Thank you, I like them both too. Looking forward to finally being able to carry the EMP on a regular basis. I have an Alien Gear for it but I really am not all that about kydex.
To be 100% honest with you, my Kydex holsters were bought because they were cheaper. Once I actually learned a bit more about holsters and various companies, I soon came to realize that I could get a beautiful leather holster for the same prices some companies are charging for their high tech Kydex. Leather just feels "right" to me.

·
Registered
5,855 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
To be 100% honest with you, my Kydex holsters were bought because they were cheaper. Once I actually learned a bit more about holsters and various companies, I soon came to realize that I could get a beautiful leather holster for the same prices some companies are charging for their high tech Kydex. Leather just feels "right" to me.
I got the AG because they ship fast and will hold me over until I get something in leather, and the only leather I'll buy is Nelson! :smile:

·
Banned
1,994 Posts
The cow would be proud.............Nice.

·
Banned
2,569 Posts
Reading this forum has shown me several things. One of which is that there a lot of great holster makers out there and I don't have the wallet to give each and every one of them all of my business :biggrin2:

·
Registered
78 Posts
I've been waiting since before Christmas and they finally got here. Thanks James, beautiful work again as usual. Well worth the wait.

I got an EMP 40 for Christmas and ordered a Stealth for it. Then a couple weeks later I ordered Defender. And then last month I decided I needed mag pouches! Anyway, they all got here today and with the looks and quality.

Here's the Stealth:

View attachment 180778

And here's the Defender. I like the mahogany reinforcement with the grips on the EMP, looks real good together.

View attachment 180786

And with the mag pouch:

View attachment 180794

Thanks again James.
That Defender OWB is a sweet-looking holster. I'll have to consider Nelson next time. My go-to makers for high-end holsters have always been Wright Leather Works and High-Noon Holsters. Are you (or anyone) who is familiar with these able to opine how they compare to the Nelson?

·
Registered
5,855 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
James' work is truly a work of art. The Stealth is next on my list. Love your Eagle Defender. Looks a little familiar!
Nice! I like your choice! :smile: This is the 2nd Defender I have, got an all black for my XD. I wear that one just about every day, still breaking in the new one but I'm sure it will be just as comfortable.

I highly recommend the Stealth. I wore it for the 1st time over the weekend and it is extremely comfortable. I'm able to drive 8-10 hrs a day with my XD in it's Defender without even thinking about it being there and I think I'd be able to do the same with the Stealth.

Reactions: cupton
1 - 18 of 18 Posts