Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Would really love to try a Nelson OWB holster. I'm looking at his Eagle Defender for my Range Officer Champion 1911. Any comments or feedback on that holster? I understand there's quite a wait for his holsters which I'm OK with. Good craftsmanship takes time from what I gather. This would be my 1st leather holster.

·
Premium Member
5,957 Posts
I went with a His Wrangler for my P227, though the Eagle Defender may be my choice for my 92FS. Don't think you could go wrong with either.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yea from what I've read and seen it looks like any Nelson would be a good choice. I'm looking for a comfortable OWB that I can wear most of the year here in western PA. I wear an untucked shirt about 99% of the time so it looks like the Eagle Defender would fit the bill nicely for comfort and concealability. I've never owned a pancake style holster before.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sounds like the Eagle Defender would be the one for me! Thanks a lot for the quick help. Much appreciated!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
9,904 Posts
I have way too many of his holsters ..I carry my 1944 Colt OWB in one ...Very good man and great leather ..It will be something to hand down to the kids

He is my go to holster guy

You need it he will try

·
Vendor
1,735 Posts
I am going to be introducing a whole new line based on some western and embossed holsters and belts before to much longer.
I am currently building an embossing machine and working out a few new items.
I am trying to get this setup in my spare time (don't have much at all of that right now lol)

I may be offering Ranger type belts as well depending on how well I can get folks to be accurate on there belt sizes, its much more important on the ranger belts as you have very little wiggle room.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Just placed my order for the Eagle Defender for my RO Champion. Let the wait begin! Don't worry I read the info on the current lead times. It's all good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Ordered an OWB magazine pouch the other day as well. You can just plop them all in the same package if it make it easier on ya when the last of the two are ready to be shipped. ;)

·
Premium Member
5,957 Posts
I am going to be introducing a whole new line based on some western and embossed holsters and belts before to much longer.
I am currently building an embossing machine and working out a few new items.
I am trying to get this setup in my spare time (don't have much at all of that right now lol)

I may be offering Ranger type belts as well depending on how well I can get folks to be accurate on there belt sizes, its much more important on the ranger belts as you have very little wiggle room.
I'm looking forward to that. I'd like to have some nice leather for my stainless 6" Security Six.

·
Vendor
1,735 Posts
Just received the shipment notification from Nelson on my Eagle Defender!
I just sent you an email, I was going to ship your holster and mag pouch together but my wife didn't attach the mag pouch to your order so I am sending the holster and starting the mag pouch today. So sorry for the mistake.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I just sent you an email, I was going to ship your holster and mag pouch together but my wife didn't attach the mag pouch to your order so I am sending the holster and starting the mag pouch today. So sorry for the mistake.
I responded to your email. No problem at all! I never even carry an extra magazine on me so I'm not missing anything really. ;)

It'll get here when it gets here! Once it gets here then I'll start carrying that extra magazine. One thing at a time!

·
Registered
550 Posts
Wait is a hard thing.
It is worth it. His things are awesome.I have two with belt.
Mr Nelson is great a guy. A jewel of a person.
Tom in Oregon TKH

1 - 20 of 24 Posts