Defensive Carry banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been thinking about adding a Neomag for Summer carry. Concept sure sounds good !! I have just tossed a mag in my front pocket but kinda hate how it always twists sideways and I find myself messing with it . Yeah not a big deal, but the Neomag seems a viable solution. Just curious to hear from those who use it as far as pros & cons.
Looks like it would fit mags for both my main carry guns G43 & CZ P10S so would seem the $40 would be well spent. Appreciate thoughts with your carry experience.....thanks

Reactions: Rabbit212

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Thought there would have been some responses.....hmmm

Reactions: Rabbit212

·
Registered
4,478 Posts
This is the first I've heard of it. After watching the video it appears to be much preferable to just having a loose mag in your pocket. I think you'd have to use it a while though to really test it for unexpected issues.

Reactions: BCC73

·
Premium Member
5,462 Posts
I see them as a sponsor of TGC news, which I watch weekly, but I can't answer your question. Yes they do seem to be OK. It's just that for the longest time, I've owned leather mag pouches, and use them daily. Already have 5+ decades using them. Once again, not knocking the product, or concept. If I were to only carry one firearm & spare mag, I think it'd be a viable option.

Reactions: BCC73

·
Registered
1 Posts
I started carrying my spare mag in one a few months back, and for the most part it is preferable to any other way I've ever carried spares. I used to carry two spares in a double IWB carrier. Sometimes I still do, such as when I'm wearing gym type shorts where the weight of the mags would pull down the pants. But in jeans/khaki type shorts I use the NeoMag now. I typically carry the NeoMag a bit forward in my pocket, as opposed to all the way back to the rear of the pocket like they show in their ads. Its probably just personal preference.

I bought 2 NeoMags, and a few weeks ago I went through a Tac Pistol class at CSAT. On some of the drills we needed more ammo than I usually carry so I carried both NeoMags in my weak side pocket. No issues.

Overall I am very happy with them and would buy again no doubt. My brother-in-law also bought a few after I showed him mine, and he likes them as well.

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I started carrying my spare mag in one a few months back, and for the most part it is preferable to any other way I've ever carried spares. I used to carry two spares in a double IWB carrier. Sometimes I still do, such as when I'm wearing gym type shorts where the weight of the mags would pull down the pants. But in jeans/khaki type shorts I use the NeoMag now. I typically carry the NeoMag a bit forward in my pocket, as opposed to all the way back to the rear of the pocket like they show in their ads. Its probably just personal preference.

I bought 2 NeoMags, and a few weeks ago I went through a Tac Pistol class at CSAT. On some of the drills we needed more ammo than I usually carry so I carried both NeoMags in my weak side pocket. No issues.

Overall I am very happy with them and would buy again no doubt. My brother-in-law also bought a few after I showed him mine, and he likes them as well.
Thanks for the reply.....and.....great 1st post !!!!

·
Registered
413 Posts
Recently picked up one. All of my carry pistols are double stacks.
This makes my pocket sit wide open when using the Neomag.
I feel that it's conspicuous enough to not use it, at least not with double stack mags.

Good Luck.

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Recently picked up one. All of my carry pistols are double stacks.
This makes my pocket sit wide open when using the Neomag.
I feel that it's conspicuous enough to not use it, at least not with double stack mags.

Good Luck.
Point taken...thanks

·
Registered
5,047 Posts
I used one of those Remora mag pouches in a front pocket when I carried one there and it keeps the magazine pretty vertical for easy access. I prefer belt carry mostly these days as I usually carry a spare gun in the front left pocket where I used to carry the spare mag.

·
Premium Member
Lenexa, KS (Kansas City Metro)
865 Posts
I have never used a Neomag. I carry a Glock 17, 19 and 30. I haven't tried, but I think having a mag in your front pocket would be uncomfortable especially when sitting in a chair or car.

Reactions: 5lima30ret

·
Registered
9 Posts
Neomag is great for single and double stack. Carry P365 and P 320. P320 17 rounder stays in place. It does take some practice drawing it out of the pocket. If you go this route get the extended clip version. It is surprisingly comfortable.

·
Registered
93 Posts
I use NeoMag and they work great for me. Great access to my extra mag and I have good times on mag exchanges as well. They hold the mag very securely and the draw is nice and smooth. My only advice is, if you want the mag to sit lower in your pocket, get the extended mag holder. With the regular one, the base plate will sit right in line with the top of your pocket, the extended will bury it a little deeper in your pocket so you will not to be able to see the base plate at all. I'm sure they are not for everyone but they work great for me and they are pretty comfortable to wear.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Does anyone find that a lot of lint and junk get in your magazines while using these? I'm just wondering, I have never tried them.

·
Registered
7,172 Posts
I've had one for a few years now, I like it. I go back and forth between it and IWB mag carry, but it's a good product I think.

Here's a video from a while back doing some reloads with the NeoMag. New video by Marvin Smith
Smooth, efficient.

Does the empty not drop free? Do you train ripping the mag from the gun intentionally?

I have a deep carry Neo, and like it.
It doesn’t see much use because I don’t have the pocket real estate on my offside; phone and Spyderco folder already live there.

·
Registered
351 Posts
Smooth, efficient.

Does the empty not drop free? Do you train ripping the mag from the gun intentionally?

I have a deep carry Neo, and like it.
It doesn’t see much use because I don’t have the pocket real estate on my offside; phone and Spyderco folder already live there.
Thanks! I've learned and gotten used to just stripping the mag. It probably drops free but honestly I don't give it a chance to see. I know it'll come out if I aggressively strip it and get it out the gun and out of my way.

·
Registered
5,047 Posts
Thanks! I've learned and gotten used to just stripping the mag. It probably drops free but honestly I don't give it a chance to see. I know it'll come out if I aggressively strip it and get it out the gun and out of my way.

We were trained at POST academy to always strip the mag since your hand is already going right by it. They never wanted us to rely on gravity because if it doesn't drop you have a separate and awkward step to strip it clear. Awkward because if you train with offhand index finger tip on top round of the fresh mag so you can guide the mag in without taking your eyes off the threat then changing to strip a mag doesn't work very smoothly. Of course most often its already falling when your offhand makes contact but. still, I think its a very good habit to have.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts