Defensive Carry banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just recieved an update that Nevada Governor Brian Sandoval has vetoed the Universal Background Checks Bill.

In the update it stated that "2200 people called hi office between 9 a.m. and 4pm... Four out of five calls were for the Veto." The Las Vegas Review-Journal reported.

"As of this past tuesday, over 100,00 calls had already been placed to the Governor."

The Associated Press reports that, "It is a significant defeat for New York Mayor Michael Bloomgerg's gun control advocacy group, Mayors Against Illegal guns. The Organization spent hundreds of thousands of dollars working to get the bill passed through the Governor."

·
Registered
4,401 Posts
Nice.....I remember this one. He was accepting calls from anyone, not just Nevada citizens correct? He was taking into account tourist am I right?

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
First day calls: 28000 against the bill; 7500 for the bill! I guess our voices were heard over the Doomberg tv ads!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: GhostMaker

·
Registered
4,401 Posts
First day calls: 28000 against the bill; 7500 for the bill! I guess our voices were heard over the Doomberg tv ads!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks for confirming this was the one I was thinking of Onacoma. Just wanted to make sure I was thinking correctly. I voted in this one as well, nice to see folks pitched in and reason was heard.

·
Registered
4,193 Posts
Good job Nevada!

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Good job Nevada!
Does anyone know the votes received to pass the bill?

Any chance of a veto override?

It was good to see happen. The numbers will obviously be labled as "overly skewed" in favor of gun rights. Otherwise, were did their 90%of people are in favor of further background checks come from?

·
Premium Member
5,088 Posts
Hopefully the day will come when all, ok most, governors dread going to work when gun control bills are sitting on their desk. I couldn't imagine, even with staff at my disposal, 3000 or so calls in one business day.

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
Does anyone know the votes received to pass the bill?

Any chance of a veto override?

It was good to see happen. The numbers will obviously be labled as "overly skewed" in favor of gun rights. Otherwise, were did their 90%of people are in favor of further background checks come from?
As for the votes I had the numbers from NVFAC but deleted the email, I see if I can get them.

Veto is NO as the senate/assemble is only a part time group and they out of session unless a special need arises!

The 90% are the lies told by the progressive spin doctors! The sample 90 liberals and 10 conservatives and then publish the facts!

·
Registered
37,102 Posts
But the polls said...

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
But the polls said...
I haven't talked with any of my friends in Poland lately but went last we conversed they seem to like "A dangerous Freedom to a Peaceful Slavery!"

·
Super Moderator
50,585 Posts
Nice work Nevada!:yup:

·
Registered
2,569 Posts
But the polls said...
High percentages are only important when it comes to anti-gun legislation. 96% of people in CT were against giving driver's licenses to illegal immigrants, yet they passed it anyway...

·
Registered
408 Posts
Override not going to happen .....We the people of Nevada and YOU helped defeat the Bloomberg type Gun control ! We have spoken ! Battle Born Nevada .... He should have looked at our state flag ! :congrats::congrats:

·
Banned
10,182 Posts
Override not going to happen .....We the people of Nevada and YOU helped defeat the Bloomberg type Gun control ! We have spoken ! Battle Born Nevada .... He should have looked at our state flag ! :congrats::congrats:
I had to look, since I didn't recall ever seeing the Nevada flag ........ excellent !!! Glad to see the Nevada Governor veto it...... +1 for the Governor.

·
Registered
2,327 Posts
Good for him. These gun control morons need to be pushed back until not one thing they've ever advocated is still on the law books.

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
Good for him - not to give too much credit to a politician, and most importantly good for Nevada and US! I called and voted in that one, thanks to GOA.

·
Registered
5,296 Posts
This is just excellent.

Sounds like your Governor is a keeper.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts