Defensive Carry banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
934 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Nevada DPS has updated their listing of what states they will honor beginning June 1, 2020. They have not added any new states but have removed Nebraska, North Carolina and Oregon from their listing. Handgunlaw.us does not know the reasons for dropping these states. Every year about this time the Nevada DPS puts out the list of states they will honor and many years there have been changes to their listing. We will update www.handgunlaw.us late this evening with these changes in who Nevada Honors. You can view the listing at https://rccd.nv.gov/uploadedFiles/gsdnvgov/content/Resources/2020 final state list on new letter head 2 (002)B.pdf

·
Registered
926 Posts
Whom NV honors seems to change with the wind.

I am exquisitely impressed with that “Whom” business .... do you have any “Grey Poupon“? (said quite delicately)

·
Registered
33,967 Posts
I am exquisitely impressed with that “Whom” business .... do you have any “Grey Poupon“? (said quite delicately)
If you don't know when to use who or whom, substitute "him." If it sounds right--use "whom." Seems to work well enough--with or without Grey Poupon.

Reactions: Grizzly2

·
Registered
580 Posts
I don't understand the Nebraska removal. Purchasing requires the same form used in Nevada, and the CC permit requires much more, including an FBI fingerprint background check, which they do run thoroughly. What the heck more do they want to allow carry in Nevada?

·
Registered
Various
15,545 Posts
Reminds me of an area where the Sheriff and the State Police combined their offices and dispatch centers with a new Sheriff or a new State Police Captain. The next time there was a new Sheriff or State Police Captain, they would separate their offices and dispatch centers. It occurred about every two years.

·
Premium Member
2,221 Posts
I wasn't planning on going to Nevada anytime soon anyway. This is ridiculous. There should be national reciprocity just like for drivers licenses. Anyway, we shouldn't need a permit for a "Right". I was especially annoyed having to be fingerprinted. Nebraska did more fingerprints than the government did for my top secret clearance. What a laugh.

·
Registered
8,434 Posts
When we first moved to Utah, Nevada did not honor Utah's permits. We transit through Nevada a couple times a year, either for flights or due to family visits in California. I was planning to get a Nevada non-resident permit for awhile and then miraculously, they did honor our Utah permits. Since they seem to change what they honor like some people change their underwear, I will have to keep a close eye on this.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts