Defensive Carry banner

21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
2,076 Posts
This guys a YouTube personality and seems to the the male version of a bimbo. But as to the subject of damages from a search warrant, I believe there should be repercussions if they tear apart your house but don’t find the subject of the warrant. Homeowners insurance won’t pay in most cases.

·
Registered
418 Posts
I have been violated by LE before under the pretense that they were doing their jobs. I do not trust LE including the FBI at all. (I do not think they need to defund the police, they provide a critical role, unfortunately, Police Unions, having Blue protect other Blue, and attitudes have gotten us to where we are now.)I will always side with the other person until they prove that they were guilty in a court of law.

What the FBI did is either thuggery or morally AND legally correct. We will just have to wait to see.

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
I think it is too soon to cheer that the FBI is doing its job. All I can see the guy has done are state charges, violating social distancing rules and videoing looting, although I did not see that he was participating. So why is the FBI involved? This whole idea of "sealed warrants" bothers me. If LE applies for a warrant, they have to present probable cause and if they do that, the defendant, and I think the public, has a right to know why. It sounds like that whole FISA thing that was used against Trump. It will take a lot more for me to consider that "the FBI is doing its job."
Only reasons I can think of for FBI involvement would have to do with interstate criminal activity and/or criminal conspiracies, perhaps related to national security issues. The warrant affidavits will probably remain sealed at least until the arraignment, perhaps longer in the event of an ongoing investigation. I do not see this level of federal involvement in a simple trespassing case being prosecuted under state laws; there has to be something that would allow the FBI to get involved due to violations of federal statutes.

Until the warrant affidavits are unsealed everything is pure speculation, except for one thing: the FBI is limited to specific criminal acts under federal law, and unless there is probable cause to believe that a violation of federal laws under the purview of FBI investigation there would have been no search warrant, no search, no FBI agents involved.

Hopefully we will see how this unfolds at the courthouse.

·
Premium Member
2,010 Posts
U-tube star?? I suppose that's like a Hollyweird star that doesn't get paid much. Legend in his own mind??

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Let me clarify that I do not advocate law enforcement officers arbitrarily destroying private property while serving a search warrant. My earlier comments seem to have been interpreted beyond the thought I was trying to convey.

Bozo has been charged with misdemeanor violations of trespass and disorderly conduct (or similar minor offenses) in a state other than his residence. There is no readily apparent federal violation that would allow FBI agents to enter the investigation. The warrant affidavits have been sealed, which strongly indicates that the investigation is ongoing and likely to include other persons of interest. The mere fact of FBI involvement and a federal search warrant is strongly indicative of far more serious criminal violations with a likelihood of a much broader investigative scope.

The FBI is not a national police department, and the scope of its operations and authority is quite limited by federal statutes. I'm thinking that this little shopping center dust-up has been credibly linked to a much larger criminal enterprise or conspiracy that spans state lines and involves far more serious offenses by more than one isolated self-aggrandizing YouTube "influencer" with a house in California that has been raided by the feds.

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
Have to pay for damage caused by the search if object of the search is not found? Seems that those already on the ragged edge of things might be incentivized to do that magic which causes evidence to appear where it did not previously exist. Best just to use good judgement and not exceed one's porfolio.

Reactions: CWOUSCG

·
Registered
7,635 Posts
@retired badge 1 I apologize if you thought I was misinterpreting your comments. I agree with you, and everything you have said is as I understand the law. I also agree that the FBI being involved in an investigation of a self-styled "activist" probably indicates probable cause involving something far more serious than misdemeanor charges. In my experience they don't conduct raids for no reason.

@nj709 I don't know if it happens everywhere, but my department videoed every raid - sometimes with multiple cameras. The "evidence appearing" ploy happened here in Houston a while back. It had a terminal effect on some careers.

·
Registered
8,098 Posts
So hes facing what, a small fine?

·
Premium Member
4,867 Posts
No one should ever trust the FBI regarding anything. Liars, conspirator, and treasonous thugs.

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
Depending on exactly what evidence was specified in the warrant, that home may be less than comfortable now, perhaps even uninhabitable. When serving a search warrant the officers may search in any place that it would be possible to store or conceal the evidence sought. That can mean opening up walls, tearing down cabinets or bookshelves, pulling up toilets, tearing down ceilings, ripping up flooring.

When the search is completed all the cops have to do is leave a true copy of the warrant and an inventory of seized items, secure the premises if necessary (plywood nailed over doors and window openings works), and walk away.

Let's just say I'm kind of hoping they were looking for very small and easily portable items, like thumbdrives, SD cards, little bitty stuff that might be anywhere, no way of telling until you look into every nook and cranny.
I dont feel bad for this guy. He has made mega millions on Youtube, and was recently spotted out at a riot looting a store. Hes a young guy with a net worth in the tens of millions, if they tore up one of his houses, he can go hang out at any of the other Holywood mansions or NYC penthouses he also owns.

·
Registered
6,805 Posts
I expect the reason for FBI involvement and sealed warrant is they are looking at interstate conspiracy regarding riots. There had been much talk of "out of state agitators" and this guy could be the first domino to fall.

·
Premium Member
7,682 Posts
U-tube star?? I suppose that's like a Hollyweird star that doesn't get paid much. Legend in his own mind??
Incredibly, he's worth over 11 million dollars, he dates models, and he's only 23.

I can't figure it out.

·
Registered
2,076 Posts
I expect the reason for FBI involvement and sealed warrant is they are looking at interstate conspiracy regarding riots. There had been much talk of "out of state agitators" and this guy could be the first domino to fall.
It’s either this or based on his tax issues, could it be some sort of interstate financial crime or wire fraud? He lives a party lifestyle too - could be drug related or sex trafficking.

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
The fbi lost their credibility with me long ago. They should be held accountable for any verifiable damage they cause. They're only after the low hanging fruit anyway.

21 - 37 of 37 Posts