Defensive Carry banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,213 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Soon, very soon, I'll be sporting the XD40. Some months ago I wanted both a .44 chambered revolver and an XD, so naturally I decided I'd just get both. :biggrin:

The XD has a lot of holster options, but specifically I'm wondering if anyone makes a crossdraw, IWB, and possibly tuckable holster. There's lots of holsters but this particular combination doesn't seem to present itself too often. I may have to compromise on the tuckable attribute.

Alas, my old double thick leather work belt has finally broken. Well that's okay it looked like crap anyway. I'll want to pick up a belt with the new holster.

I'm also curious to know if anyone can recommend a horizontal magazine holder, single or double.

I won't be getting this for a while yet. I'll have to test fire the gun first and make sure I didn't get a fluke XD. But I know good holster makers are universally well back logged so it would be good to figure out what I would want now.

·
Banned
693 Posts
I might appear snobbish here, but I like Bianchi products. See if they have a holster to fit your particular firearm. Quality only hurts once.

·
Registered
770 Posts
Well lots of makers offer the XD leather as its a very very popular gun for CCW.
Just look around and see what suits your needs and wants.........

BTW, Bianchi is NOT snobbish..........If you said you have to buy a Delfatti made from Alligator skin......then your a holster snob! I know, bad holster maker. :chairshot

Machine made stuff is good for alot of people Bianchi, Galco and so on make a zillion holsters a year. Lots of people dont have the patience for Custom made stuff.

Shoot well.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Eric Larsen said:
BTW, Bianchi is NOT snobbish..........If you said you have to buy a Delfatti made from Alligator skin......then your a holster snob! I know, bad holster maker. :chairshot
Eric, Eric, Eric.....one person's holster snob is another's discerning buyer :tongue:

·
Registered
357 Posts
Euclidean said:
But I know good holster makers are universally well back logged so it would be good to figure out what I would want now.
Euc,

You're right on the money there! I ordered my last holsters several months before I took delivery on the pistol.

Give a few of the holster makers a call - the ones I have spoken with have been very personable and generous with their time. They can give you and idea of what is "do-able," what isn't, and offer suggestions based on their experience.

SSKC
Holster snob/discerning buyer :biggrin:

·
Registered
770 Posts
Matt......ok, Im ashamed and sorry! :chairshot Bad holster maker!
In all honesty I meant it as a compliment.....You are the Custom Maker that we all want to be when we grow up. Thats all I meant! K??????????
Ill go back to my corner now n give myself 100 lashes with some Horween hardrolled hide!
Shoot well...........

·
Registered
135 Posts
hawkeye680 said:
You can order a MS VM II from Lightning Arms Sports. The people are very nice and as of 2 weeks ago they had one for a 4" XD in stock.

http://www.lightningarms.com/products.htm
FYI

As of last Saturday they had two, black and cordovan, both cowhide. I bought the black one so now it's just cordovan.....unless they restocked.

So far I've bought two holsters off them. A little pricey but their service was quick. They are in OR, I am in VA, and both times I ordered from them the holster came in two days. :hand56:

·
Premium Member
114 Posts
Based on a good source, Lightning Arms has 7 black RH, 2 black LH, 4 RH cordovan, 1 LH cordovan, and 1 LH natural finish 4" XD 9/40 VM-2 holsters in stock; as well as a few 3" and 5".

·
Registered
698 Posts
You can usually get what you want from a good custom holster maker. Most will have something in their basic inventory that can be made to suit your needs.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts