Defensive Carry banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,682 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I found the following additional report in looking for more information on the home invader:

Intruder shot in Yulee home invasion | Fernandina Beach News-Leader

I was hoping to find out if he had a previous criminal history. One other thing that I found very refreshing was the fact that the sheriff referred to the scumbag as the suspect and also as the individual. I'm very pleased to see he did not refer to him as a "gentleman".

I also really like the sheriff's reply to the reporter as follows:

Asked if it is the right thing to do to shoot someone breaking into your house, Leeper said, “Certainly people have guns in their homes to protect themselves and their property. If you break into a home you might expect to get shot, so I would suggest not to break into homes.”

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
I gotta say though, he wasn't doing too shabby in the physical strength department, still kicking down doors and all at 72, albeit for the wrong reasons...

·
Premium Member
2,250 Posts
I love it when the good guys and gals win. Give that man a ceegar. Nice shooting, another dirtbag off the streets.

·
Premium Member
1,031 Posts
When will people realize , don't mess with the elderly? We are to to tired to chase you down and can't put up a good fight if we caught you. So your died, My 9mm will out run you and do my fighting.:hand5:

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
When will people realize , don't mess with the elderly? We are to to tired to chase you down and can't put up a good fight if we caught you. So your died, My 9mm will out run you and do my fighting.:hand5:
The 72 year old was the one breaking in. The home owner shot him

1 - 11 of 11 Posts