Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Super Moderator
19,011 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been wanting a full size 1911 for a while. I already own a 4" Springfield LW Champion. Went and handled 11-12 different pistols before picking this , Springfield loaded full size. I need a ambi safety as I am left handed. Felt great and will be shooting this afternoon. I just need to keep it away from the lady of the house , as she already was admiring it.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
18,789 Posts
Hey Rocky! Want to hear your shooting impressions after you take it out for a spin.

Looks nice from here.

·
Registered
5,157 Posts
I blame Sixto (partially)

That is what his signature says to do, "Just blame Sixto"

Reactions: OD* and gatorbait51

·
Registered
20,089 Posts
Novak night sights?

Reactions: gatorbait51

·
Registered
41,511 Posts
Do they make a 1912?

Reactions: OD* and bmcgilvray

·
Super Moderator
18,789 Posts
No, no 1912. Colt didn't issue a pistol just because you were born in that year.

·
Registered
22,908 Posts
Want to sell the Lw champion now?

·
Super Moderator
22,274 Posts
:35:

·
Super Moderator
18,789 Posts
Oh... I did not know that, Dan.

Reactions: OD*

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
I saw a problem with it...you need to send it over my way so as I can run a few through it to get it running right. I got a pile of 45acp brass that needs emptying...so there won't be any charge...just help each other out.

·
Registered
41,511 Posts
Actually Bryan, the first 43 Government Models were assembled on 09 Mar, 1912 and shipped to OV. :tongue:
They must have shipped via USPS as I never got them...

·
Super Moderator
18,789 Posts
I just had to come back to this thread to take another look at Rocky's new pistola from a different perspective.

image.jpeg

I don't know if it's the hue of the stocks, or the way the stocks coordinate with the hue of the finish, or the muted highlight of the bright-finished barrel bushing and recoil spring plug, but this Springfield Armory 1911 gun has an understated elegant and most "bu'ness-like" look about it.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts